First You Tube Symphony Orchestra to have 90 musicians from around the worldMarch 3rd, 2009 - 5:28 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 3 (ANI): Over 90 musicians from different parts of the world are set to make part of world’’s first You Tube Symphony Orchestra.
The video-sharing website auditioned more than 3,000 applicants, where an expert judging panel and the public chose both professional and amateur participants.
And now, the winners will get together in New York to practice for their first performance together on April 15.
The winners belong to countries, including Australia, Greece, Brazil, Malaysia and South Korea.
“We are excited about the talent, variety and adventurousness of the musicians who are coming together from around the world to form the YouTube Symphony Orchestra,” the Telegraph quoted conductor Michael Tilson Thomas as saying.
He added: “I am looking forward to our exploration of the incredible range of classical music’’s 1,200-year-old tradition which we will present in a unique way to our audience.”
Playing 26 different instruments, the selected musicians, between the age group of 17 to 55 years, will participate in three days of master classes and rehearsals starting next month.
The participants will perform composer Tan Dun’’s “Internet Symphony No. 1, Eroica,” a piece specially arranged for the occasion.
And a video of the event will be posted on YouTube on April 16. (ANI)
- YouTube announces its online symphony orchestra - Mar 03, 2009
- 90 musicians from around the world perform for YouTube orchestra - Apr 16, 2009
- YouTube invites classical musicians to play Beijing Olympics theme composers music - Dec 02, 2008
- YouTube global symphony to showcase Indian traditional music - Jan 17, 2009
- Tagore in symphony with Bach and Beethoven - in Germany - Apr 17, 2012
- World Orchestra for Peace enthrals Abu Dhabi - Jan 06, 2011
- Symphony Orchestra Of India Debuts In The International Market - Jun 14, 2010
- Beyonce top winner at Grammy's with six awards (Roundup) - Feb 01, 2010
- YouTube Unveils Face Blurring System - Jul 19, 2012
- Italian music conductor Riccardo Muti wins $1m Birgit Nilsson Prize - Mar 17, 2011
- Creating content for Youtube: Madonna's new job - Oct 31, 2011
- Zubin Mehta keen to perform in Jammu and Kashmir - Jul 23, 2012
- Pt. Ravi Shankar Presents His First Western Symphony In London - Jul 03, 2010
- Co-founder of YouTube steps down as CEO - Oct 30, 2010
- Video 'Gap Yah' wins online comedy crown - Dec 14, 2010
Tags: age group, audience, brazil, classical music, conductor, different instruments, eroica, first performance, greece, michael tilson thomas, musicians, participants, rehearsals, south korea, symphony no 1, symphony orchestra, tan dun, telegraph, world london, youtube