First-cousin marriages blamed for sex crimes by Pakistani men in UKJanuary 30th, 2011 - 2:08 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 30 (ANI): A senior Muslim politician in UK believes that there is a link between first-cousin marriages and sex crimes by Pakistani men.
Lord Ahmed of Rotherham, Britain’s first Muslim peer, has blamed unhappy arranged marriages to cousins for leading some Pakistani men to prey on vulnerable young white girls to fulfill their sexual needs.
He has spoken out after a spate of high-profile court cases where groups of Asian men have been sentenced for grooming white girls as young as 12 in Derby, Blackburn and Lord Ahmed’s home town of Rotherham.
“They are forced into marriages and they are not happy. They are married to girls from overseas who they don’t have anything in common with, and they have children and a family. But they are looking for fun in their sexual activities and seek out vulnerable girls,” the Daily Mail quoted Lord Ahmed, as saying.
He said Asian men resort to abusing young white girls because they do not want meaningful relationships with adult white women.
“An adult woman - if you are having an affair - would want your time, money and for you to break up your marriage,” Lord Ahmed added. (ANI)
- 'First-cousin marriages behind Brit-Pak men seeking sex with vulnerable young white girls' - Mar 18, 2011
- Sexual grooming of white girls an Asian problem: Official - Jun 08, 2012
- More Asian sex predators held in Britain - Jan 12, 2011
- Pakistani men grooming British girls for sex - Jan 05, 2011
- Jack Straw under fire over Pakistan 'easy meat' remark - Jan 09, 2011
- Asian men jailed in UK for grooming young girls to become sex slaves - Nov 27, 2010
- Brit-Pakistani rape convicts jailed, banned from being alone with under-age girls - Jan 17, 2011
- Pakistani ringleader jailed for raping girl 30 times - Jun 22, 2012
- 'Pakistani sex gang had Punjabi values' - Jun 25, 2012
- Asian gang of 'sexual predators' in UK raped girls as young as 12 - Nov 25, 2010
- Nine Asians jailed for abducting schoolgirl, forcing her into prostitution in UK - Aug 04, 2010
- Victim asks court to jail Pakistani rapist for life - Jun 23, 2012
- 5 Asian 'sexual predators' jailed for 32 yrs for abusing girls as young as 12 - Nov 06, 2010
- British minister slams Pakistani men's mentality - May 19, 2012
- Pakistanis jailed for sexual crimes in Britain - Nov 06, 2010
Tags: adult woman, ahmed, asian men, blackburn, court cases, daily mail, first cousin marriages, having an affair, london jan, meaningful relationships, profile court, rotherham, sex crimes, sexual activities, sexual needs, spate, time money, uk london, white girls, white women