‘First-cousin marriages behind Brit-Pak men seeking sex with vulnerable young white girls’March 18th, 2011 - 5:04 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 18 (ANI): A senior Muslim politician in Britain has voiced his concern that some Pakistani men, who are unhappy with arranged marriages to cousins, target vulnerable young white girls to fulfil their sexual desires.
Lord Ahmed of Rotherham, Britain’s first Muslim peer, is the first politician to make a link between first-cousin marriages and sex crimes by Pakistani men, the Daily Mail reports.
His comments have come following a number of high-profile court cases wherein groups of Pakistani married men have been sentenced for physically engaging themselves with white girls as young as 12 in Derby, Blackburn and Rotherham.
Lord Ahmed, who advocates the end to cousin marriages, said: “They are forced into marriages and they are not happy. They are married to girls from overseas who they don’t have anything in common with, and they have children and a family.”
“But they are looking for fun in their sexual activities and seek out vulnerable girls,” he added.
He also said that these men abuse young white girls, and avoid getting seriously engaged to adult white women fearing that they might be asked to divorce their wives.
“An adult woman - if you are having an affair - would want your time, money and for you to break up your marriage,” Ahmed added.
Earlier, former Foreign Secretary Jack Straw had expressed outrage over the fact that some Pakistani men look at white girls as ‘easy meat’ for sexual abuse.
Meanwhile, Ahmed said: ‘I get a lot of criticism from Pakistani people who ask, “How can you say this about Pakistani men? But they must wake up and realise there is a problem.”
“I am deeply worried about this as it has happened in my own backyard, and in Rochdale and Bradford. This didn’t happen in my or my father’s generation. This is happening among young Pakistanis. While I respect individual choice, I think the community needs to look at marriages in the UK rather than cousin marriages or economic marriages from abroad,”
- First-cousin marriages blamed for sex crimes by Pakistani men in UK - Jan 30, 2011
- Sexual grooming of white girls an Asian problem: Official - Jun 08, 2012
- British minister slams Pakistani men's mentality - May 19, 2012
- Pakistani ringleader jailed for raping girl 30 times - Jun 22, 2012
- More Asian sex predators held in Britain - Jan 12, 2011
- Asian men jailed in UK for grooming young girls to become sex slaves - Nov 27, 2010
- Victim asks court to jail Pakistani rapist for life - Jun 23, 2012
- Pakistanis jailed for sexual crimes in Britain - Nov 06, 2010
- Pakistani men grooming British girls for sex - Jan 05, 2011
- UK cops couldn't comment on Asian sex gangs for fear of appearing racist - Jan 12, 2011
- 5 Asian 'sexual predators' jailed for 32 yrs for abusing girls as young as 12 - Nov 06, 2010
- Jack Straw under fire over Pakistan 'easy meat' remark - Jan 09, 2011
- Brit-Pakistani rape convicts jailed, banned from being alone with under-age girls - Jan 17, 2011
- Thousands of British kids vulnerable to sex abuse - Jul 03, 2012
- Nine Asians jailed for abducting schoolgirl, forcing her into prostitution in UK - Aug 04, 2010
Tags: adult woman, daily mail, easy meat, first cousin marriages, having an affair, individual choice, jack straw, marriages in the uk, married men, own backyard, pak men, pakistanis, profile court, rotherham, seeking sex, sex crimes, sexual activities, sexual desires, target, white girls