Fire extinguishers are too big a safety hazard in UK flats!March 11th, 2008 - 4:19 pm ICT by admin
London, Mar 11 (ANI): Fire extinguishers could be removed from communal areas in flats throughout Britain after they were deemed dangerous by risk assessors.
According to risk assessors, the canisters could be dangerous if people use them without training.
And also they could encourage people to stay and tackle a blaze rather than flee.
The Fire Service is backing the ban.
But Mike Edwards who lives in a ten-storey block where extinguishers are to be banned branded the decision ludicrous.
I was absolutely staggered Britain has gone mad. How can removing extinguishers be safe? If you are trapped in a burning building, you will certainly work out how to use an extinguisher, The Sun quoted him, as saying. (ANI)
- Housing officials in UK ban welcome mats over health and safety fears - Nov 25, 2010
- Medical factory gutted in Gurgaon - May 27, 2012
- British school bans hugs, handshakes - May 27, 2011
- Government does not want to see me alive: Ramdev (Roundup) - Jun 26, 2011
- Two killed, 16 injured in Mantralaya fire (Intro Night Lead) (With images) - Jun 22, 2012
- Inferno in Kolkata's Park Street kills six, injures 20 (Roundup) - Mar 23, 2010
- Kolkata hospital blaze kills 90, India mourns - Dec 10, 2011
- 16 injured in Mantralaya fire, blaze under control (Night Lead) (With images) - Jun 21, 2012
- 14 rescued from Mumbai building fire (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Two fires break out in Kolkata, no casualties - Jun 16, 2012
- Anti terrorist measures make plane toilets unsafe - Mar 17, 2011
- Radioactive risk warning as Russian fires out of control - Aug 10, 2010
- Blast at chemical plant in China; nine killed - Apr 14, 2011
- Fires at Russian radioactive sites confirmed - Aug 11, 2010
- Relatives say fire fighters came late, minister denies - Dec 09, 2011