Fire destroys 106 homes in EcuadorNovember 21st, 2009 - 8:35 am ICT by IANS
Quito (Ecuador), Nov 21 (DPA) A serious fire destroyed 106 homes in a poor neighbourhood in Guayaquil, the largest city in Ecuador.
There were no immediately reports of deaths due to the fire which ravaged these homes Friday. However, the Ecuadorian Public Health Ministry said 14 children had to be admitted into hospital with symptoms of suffocation.
The neighbourhood Cooperativa Esmeraldas Chiquito, in southern Guayaquil, held many bamboo homes built close together, the Ecuadorian daily Hoy reported in its online edition.
The fire broke out shortly after midnight and was apparently caused by a short-circuit.
- Former boxer murdered in Ecuador - Jul 16, 2012
- South America backs Ecuador's asylum offer to Assange - Aug 20, 2012
- Argentina, Ecuador win opening FIFA World Cup qualifiers - Oct 08, 2011
- 17 dead, 40 hurt in Ecuador accident - Apr 14, 2011
- Fire in finance ministry office in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Fire in liquor shop near Sahara Mall in Gurgaon - Jul 02, 2012
- Drunk driver kills 15 at Ecuador bus stop - Sep 07, 2010
- Fire destroys Shillong church, short circuit suspected - Jan 02, 2012
- Fire at Nagaland CM's residence, family escapes unhurt (Lead) - Feb 09, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh workshop gutted - Apr 29, 2011
- Massive fire in Kanpur leather factory - Mar 09, 2011
- Security guard killed in Uttar Pradesh bank fire - May 09, 2011
- Motorbike showroom gutted in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 18, 2011
- Massive fire in plywood factory, no casualty - Nov 20, 2010
- Three killed in Jharkhand hospital fire - Sep 08, 2012