Fire breaks out in Baltimore’s Adult districtDecember 7th, 2010 - 7:57 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Baltimore, Dec 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) There was a fire breakout at “The Block” in Baltimore on Monday. “The Block” is famous for its numerous adult entertainment joints.
The fire which was described as massive is believed to have started from one of the adult movie centers called, the Gayety Show World at about 4 p.m. on Monday before spreading to other nearby buildings. It is believed that most of the affected structures did not have water sprinklers and as a result, the fire could not be contained earlier enough.
Witnesses at the area reported thick smoke that kept climbing up and could be seen from some distance back. Pictures of the fire were posted on the Internet by witnesses who took pictures of the scene.
Several firefighters were seen at the place battling the blaze on Monday. As they battled to bring the fire under control, other buildings nearby were still bustling with business with some patrons and strippers ignoring the danger that were posed by the raging fire.
There were no reported cases of injuries.
This is not the first time that “The Block” has been blazed. The place was torched in 1904 and again in 1935. The most recent fire at the place was in the late sixties.
- Fire In Baltimore's Adult Entertainment Zone Brought Under Control - Dec 07, 2010
- Two firemen killed in US blaze - Apr 10, 2012
- 20 homes destroyed in the White Swan fire - Feb 14, 2011
- Two fires break out in Kolkata, no casualties - Jun 16, 2012
- Sharjah skyscraper catches fire - Apr 28, 2012
- Strips Clubs Are Shut As Fire Breaks Out On Baltimore's Adult District - Dec 07, 2010
- Fire in Kolkata factory, no casualties (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- Fire in Kolkata building, no casualties - Jan 01, 2012
- Mamata asks police, fire, KMC to work together for public safety - Jan 02, 2012
- Factory gutted in Kolkata - Apr 01, 2012
- Hampton Beach Fire Devastating, Says Hampton Fire Chief - Feb 27, 2010
- Two fires in Kolkata, no casualties (Lead) - Jan 01, 2012
- 42 killed in Shanghai high-rise blaze (Lead) - Nov 15, 2010
- London witnesses riots' escalation - Aug 09, 2011
- Estonia mourns deaths at orphanage fire - Feb 21, 2011