Fire breaks out in Baltimore’s Adult district

December 7th, 2010 - 7:57 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt  

baltimoe Baltimore, Dec 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) There was a fire breakout at “The Block” in Baltimore on Monday. “The Block” is famous for its numerous adult entertainment joints.

The fire which was described as massive is believed to have started from one of the adult movie centers called, the Gayety Show World at about 4 p.m. on Monday before spreading to other nearby buildings. It is believed that most of the affected structures did not have water sprinklers and as a result, the fire could not be contained earlier enough.

Witnesses at the area reported thick smoke that kept climbing up and could be seen from some distance back. Pictures of the fire were posted on the Internet by witnesses who took pictures of the scene.

Several firefighters were seen at the place battling the blaze on Monday. As they battled to bring the fire under control, other buildings nearby were still bustling with business with some patrons and strippers ignoring the danger that were posed by the raging fire.

There were no reported cases of injuries.

This is not the first time that “The Block” has been blazed. The place was torched in 1904 and again in 1935. The most recent fire at the place was in the late sixties.

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in World |

Subscribe