Fire breaks out at Japan’s Fukushima nuke plant, but extinguishedApril 12th, 2011 - 1:39 pm ICT by ANI
Tokyo, Apr 12 (ANI): A fire broke out at the crisis-hit Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant in Japan on Tuesday morning, but was extinguished soon, said the plant’s operator.
The Tokyo Electric Power Company said the fire occurred at a sampling building near a water outlet of nuclear power plant’s No.4 reactor and was spotted by a worker, the Kyodo News reports.
There was no change in the levels of radiation around the reactor, TEPCO added.
The nuclear plant was crippled after a massive earthquake and tsunami hit Japan on March 11. (ANI)
- Outflow of highly radioactive water from Japan n-plant stops (Lead) - Apr 06, 2011
- Fukushima n-plant operator confirms fuel meltdown - May 24, 2011
- Japan resumes cooling operations at quake-hit nuke plant - Mar 21, 2011
- Radioactive trench water not confirmed to have overflowed: Japan's nuke regulatory body - Mar 29, 2011
- Tokyo operator to be banned from Fukushima n-plant - Apr 24, 2011
- Head of Fukushima n-plant operator resigns - May 20, 2011
- Complications arise in radioactive water removal at Japan's Fukushima nuke plant - Mar 31, 2011
- Another female worker exposed to radiation at Fukushima nuke plant - May 01, 2011
- Japan's TEPCO apologizes for massive radiation spike - Mar 28, 2011
- TEPCO eyes removal of 60,000 tons of radioactive water from Fukushima nuke plant - Apr 05, 2011
- Grayish smoke spotted in No. 3 reactor building of Japan's affected nuke plant - Mar 21, 2011
- Cooling system restored at Japan n-plant reactor - May 29, 2011
- Fukushima Gov. will not allow TEPCO to resume work at Fukushima nuke plant - Apr 22, 2011
- TEPCO to cleanup radioactive debris from n-plant by July - Apr 25, 2011
- Japan nuclear crisis to be resolved in nine months - Apr 17, 2011
Tags: fukushima, japan, kyodo news, march 11, massive earthquake, news reports, nuclear plant, nuclear power plant, nuke plant, radiation, reactor, sampling, tokyo electric power company, tsunami, tuesday morning, water outlet