Fire at China club kills at least 43September 21st, 2008 - 8:28 am ICT by IANS
Guangzhou (China), Sep 21 (Xinhua) At least 43 people were killed and more than 50 injured in a massive fire at a club in southern China, the police said Sunday.The fire broke out at a club in Shenzhen city in Guangdong province at around 11 p.m. Saturday.
All injured were rushed to nearby hospitals and conditions of some of them were said to be critical.
The fire has been extinguished and an investigation into the cause of the accident has been ordered.
- Thousands evacuated after blast at chemical plant in southern China - Nov 24, 2011
- Man goes on stabbing rampage at south China primary school; many injured - Apr 28, 2010
- Four die after scaffolding collapse at south China construction site - May 09, 2010
- Four killed in China bus accidents - Jan 08, 2012
- At least 10 killed in southern China after traffic accident - Apr 07, 2010
- 10 killed as tourist bus overturns in China - Oct 16, 2011
- 12 die in China hailstorm - Apr 18, 2011
- Chinese man dies of bird flu - Dec 31, 2011
- 10 killed in Pakistan bus accident (Lead) - Sep 06, 2011
- Four killed in China firework plant blast - Nov 17, 2008
- Eight killed in Haiti road accident - Dec 03, 2011
- 17 killed in Indonesia bus accident - Feb 08, 2011
- Chinese who took girl hostage shot dead - Aug 11, 2012
- Four killed in Mumbai bakery cylinder blasts (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Three injured as fire extinguisher explodes in eatery - Dec 31, 2011