‘Find my girlfriend or I will bomb airport’September 22nd, 2010 - 7:08 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Sep 22 (IANS) A man in China called the police hotline for four consecutive days asking them about the whereabouts of his girlfriend and later threatened to blow up an airport if they did not help him find her, a court was told Wednesday.
The man surnamed Xu threatened to blow up the Hongqiao international airport Dec 27 last year, the Shanghai Daily reported.
Xu called the police hotline at midnight and said his girlfriend’s motorbike was stolen and he wanted to find where she was, the Changning District People’s Court was told.
He called police again the next night and claimed to be a gang member in Shenyang. If police did not help look for his girlfriend, he threatened to explode a bomb at the Hongqiao international airport.
He called police again the following three days and repeated his airport bomb threat.
Police somehow followed his trail and Xu was caught in an internet cafe in Liaoning province after some days.
He was sentenced to prison for 10 months.
- Chinese held for mailing bomb to girlfriend - Apr 14, 2012
- Chinese sentenced to death for killing own family - Dec 16, 2011
- Five Chinese women deplaned after midair brawl - Jul 03, 2012
- Elderly Chinese teacher molests 10 schoolgirls - Apr 20, 2012
- Man jumps off Metro overpass in China - Feb 06, 2012
- Man held for bomb hoax in China - May 01, 2012
- Chinese man gets death for arson that killed 11 - Aug 20, 2012
- World War II shells found in China - Nov 28, 2011
- To stop girlfriend, Chinese man says bomb on plane - Aug 11, 2010
- Former club manager and referees on trial for soccer corruption - Dec 20, 2011
- Thief's diary writing habit costs him - Aug 03, 2012
- Two killed in China college - Jul 02, 2012
- Delhi blast probe: missing car may hold clue - Sep 08, 2011
- Gay couple 'spark off Heathrow terror alert' through hoax call - Mar 12, 2011
- Drunk held for gas blast threat - Mar 24, 2012