Final test: New Zealand 167 for four at stumps on fourth dayApril 6th, 2009 - 12:40 pm ICT by IANS
Wellington, April 6 (IANS) Chasing an improbable victory target of 617 runs, New Zealand finished the fourth day at 167 for four as stumps were drawn early due to bad light in the third and final cricket Test against India at Basin Reserve here Monday.
Ross Taylor (69) and James Franklin (26) were at the crease when umpires offered light due to overcast conditions almost an hour before close of play. New Zealand trail by 450 runs with six wickets in hand.
India, leading the three Test series 1-0, will look to take the remaining six wickets on the fifth day and script a series win on New Zealand soil after 41 years.
India scored 379 in the first innings and bowled out New Zealand for 197 with Zaheer Khan claiming five wickets.
India then declared their second innings at 434 for seven before lunch Monday.
Zaheer and Harbhajan took two wickets each in the second innings.
- India win Test series in New Zealand after 41 years (Roundup) - Apr 07, 2009
- Bad light almost delays New Zealand's defeat - Apr 06, 2009
- New Zealand 136 for four at tea in second innings - Apr 06, 2009
- India close to clinching third Test and series in New Zealand (Roundup) - Apr 06, 2009
- New Zealand on 106/5 on day two of first Test - Aug 24, 2012
- India inch closer to victory in Wellington Test (Tea Report) - Apr 06, 2009
- Zaheer gives India clear edge in third Test (Roundup) - Apr 04, 2009
- Hyderabad Test: McIntosh's ton helps Kiwis reach 258-4 on Day One - Nov 12, 2010
- Clarke's triple century makes it tough for India (Roundup) - Jan 05, 2012
- New Zealand 37 for 1 at lunch, need 617 to win third Test - Apr 06, 2009
- Tea Scoreboard: India vs New Zealand, Day 4, Third Test - Apr 06, 2009
- Gambhir shines in India's crushing win over New Zealand (Lead) - Dec 04, 2010
- India Emerging Players force New Zealand A to follow on - Aug 07, 2011
- Scoreboard: India vs New Zealand, Day 4, Third Test (Lead) - Apr 06, 2009
- Scoreboard: India vs New Zealand, Day 4, Third Test - Apr 06, 2009
Tags: basin reserve, close of play, crease, cricket test, fifth day, final test, improbable victory, james franklin, lunch, new zealand, overcast conditions, ross taylor, series 1, soil, stumps, target, test series, wellington, wickets, zaheer khan