Fighter plane makes emergency landing at Russian air showAugust 21st, 2011 - 6:44 pm ICT by IANS
Zhukovsky (Russia), Aug 21 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A Sukhoi T-50 fifth generation fighter made an emergency landing Sunday at an air show in Russia.
The incident took place at the MAKS-2011 International Aviation and Space Show.
“The T-50 fighter stopped the flight for technical reasons. For the moment we know that the pilot is alive,” an official spokesman for MAKS-2011 told RIA Novosti.
A flash was seen during the fighter’s takeoff, a RIA Novosti correspondent reported.
A senior aviation expert said an emergency landing was normal for the period of test flights, especially in the conditions of high humidity and “taking into
account the safety of the air show visitors”.
The T-50 is expected to be put into service as early as 2015.
- Russia's 5G fighter makes first demonstration flight - Aug 18, 2011
- Russia to increase number of fighters in test flights - Feb 13, 2012
- New stealth fighter jet for Russia, India - Aug 16, 2011
- MiG-29 makes first landing on Indian carrier - Jul 23, 2012
- Russia to buy 92 Su-34 fighters - Mar 01, 2012
- Crashed Sukhoi was replacement aircraft - May 16, 2012
- Sukhoi to remain top combat aircraft seller till 2015 - Feb 25, 2012
- Sukhoi T-50 stealth fighter undergoes trial - Aug 21, 2012
- Indonesia says 'no, thanks' to Russia's Sukhoi jets - Aug 09, 2012
- No changes in Russia-Poland relations after plane crash report - Aug 04, 2011
- Su-30 fighter crashes in Russia, crew safe - Feb 28, 2012
- Pakistan may buy new Sukhoi superjets - May 09, 2012
- India-Russia combat jet may compete in South Korean tender - Aug 18, 2011
- 31 die, 12 survive in Russian plane crash (Second Lead) - Apr 02, 2012
- Depressurised plane makes emergency landing in Russia - Jan 24, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,