FIFA renews ban on KuwaitOctober 25th, 2008 - 6:54 pm ICT by IANS
Zurich, Oct 25 (IANS) Football’s world governing body FIFA renewed the suspension of the Kuwaiti Football Association (KFA) because of its failure to hold the general assembly elections by mid-October. “We had given a supplementary delay (to the KFA),” FIFA President Joseph Blatter said at the FIFA Executive Committee meeting here Friday.
KFA were to have held their general assembly in September but delayed it for Ramadan but after no meeting took place Blatter said the Kuwaitis had been “definitively suspended” from international matches.
The world body lifted its ban on the KFA in 2007 only on a temporary basis, provided the statutes were ratified in accordance with FIFA’s Standard Statutes followed by elections, failing which the suspension would be reimposed.
The positions of president, vice-president and three board members (total five) were to be filled up by elections.
Kuwait was banned by FIFA in October 2007 because of government interference in the affairs of the KFA. But the ban was revoked next month on a temporary basis after KFA agreed to meet several demands made by FIFA
- FIFA opens ethics proceedings against its President Joseph Blatter - May 27, 2011
- FIFA plans to build football museum - Apr 21, 2012
- Bin Hammam drags FIFA president Blatter to ethics committee (Lead) - May 27, 2011
- Hammam turns to Arbitration Court after FIFA rejects appeal - Sep 16, 2011
- Vowing to clear name, Bin Hammam withdraws from FIFA presidential race - May 29, 2011
- Bin Hammam writes to FIFA, claims unfair treatment - Jun 01, 2011
- No hard feelings against England: Blatter - Jun 02, 2011
- Bin Hammam asks FIA Code and Ethics committee to investigate Blatter - May 27, 2011
- Suspended AFC president Bin Hammam to appeal against FIFA decision - May 30, 2011
- England looking for a revenge win over Switzerland - Jun 04, 2011
- FIFA president Sepp Blatter to visit India next month - Feb 13, 2012
- Blatter re-elected as FIFA President amidst bribery scandal - Jun 02, 2011
- FIFA president Sepp Blatter arrives in India - Mar 09, 2012
- Warner accuses Caribbean officials of caving in to FIFA - Dec 24, 2011
- Nigeria risk FIFA ban over government interference - Jun 26, 2010