Fidel Castro’s son duped by fake ladylove on InternetJune 15th, 2009 - 1:25 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 15 (ANI): Love turned rather shameful for former Cuban ruler Fidel Castro’s son Antonio, who was fooled by a man presenting himself as a sexy Colombian woman on the internet.
Known for his reputation with women, Antonio fell to the charms of his Internet ladylove Claudia, who was smitten by his wealth and power and was keen to travel to Cuba to meet the man of her dreams.
After eight months of exchanging passionate and sexually charged messages via chats and email, it turned out that Claudia Valencia was actually a prankster in Miami named Luis Dominguez.
And now, Dominguez’ public humiliation of the communist dictator’s son has enthralled South Florida’s sizeable Cuban-American community.
Dominguez, who was born in Cuba, has said that he planned the sting to expose the hypocrisy of a country that lavishes luxuries on its leaders while repressing its own public.
“While everyday Cubans were banned from using the internet cafés in Havana hotels, this guy had a BlackBerry and unlimited access to the web,” the Telegraph quoted Dominguez as telling the Miami Herald newspaper.
The newspaper ran transcripts of ‘Claudia’ and Castro’s chat room conversations, in which Antonio, 40, boasts of spending weekends in the upmarket Cuban resort of Varadero, of shopping trips for expensive designer clothes and of his travels across the world in his role as physician to the Cuban baseball team.
Castro even sent ‘Claudia’ photographs of himself at the Beijing Olympics.
And despite being engaged to a 26-year-old TV producer in Havana, he told her that he looked forward to being with her.
Dominguez revealed that he invented the virtual persona of Claudia, a 26-year-old sports journalist with dark hair and blonde highlights, after studying photographs of Castro’s former girlfriends. (ANI)
- Cuba, US to resume friendly baseball games - Mar 21, 2012
- Cuban president embarks on China, Vietnam trip - Jul 03, 2012
- Wary of Egypt crisis repeat, Cuba cracks down on Internet opposition movements - Feb 11, 2011
- Chavez returns to Cuba for treatment - Jul 18, 2011
- Ahmadinejad visits Cuba - Jan 12, 2012
- Maradona expresses admiration of Castro - Jul 25, 2010
- Twitter fuels Fidel Castro death rumor - Jan 05, 2012
- Jimmy Carter visits Cuba over the issue of tension with US - Mar 29, 2011
- Castro's China visit to help speed up Cuban economy (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Elian Gonzalez Is Happy In Cuba - Jul 02, 2010
- Capturing Castro, Che and Cuba on lens - Dec 22, 2010
- Castro to release first volume of memoirs in August - Jul 28, 2010
- Krishna to visit Cuba to further ties - Jun 12, 2012
- Cuba to invest $450 mn to boost rice production - May 12, 2012
- Castro to reappear on TV after four-year absence - Jul 13, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,