Ferrari boss slams Formula One rule change

March 21st, 2009 - 4:43 pm ICT by IANS  

Maranello (Italy) March 21 (DPA) Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has slammed the rule changes introduced by FIA, the motorsport’s governing body.
FIA had said earlier this week that the world championship would be decided on the number of victories. They also announced a budget cap, to which the Formula One teams had earlier agreed.

In a statement published on the Ferrari website, di Montezemolo said it was absurd to make such changes at this stage.

“I really think it’s absurd, severe and dangerous that one week before the first grand prix, Formula 1 is in such a situation. It is very bad for its credibility, its security, the teams, the car manufacturers, the fans, the journalists and the sponsors who invest.

“I hope for a responsible climate, which has been started by us, the teams, with a cost reduction of 50 per cent,” he said.

The Italian added: “It’s important to have a serene climate and to avoid continuous changes, creating uncertainty for those who work and making decisions for the future difficult.”

The 2009 season starts with the Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne March 29.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in World |