Fergie ready to offer Dutch keeper role in Man U managementDecember 10th, 2010 - 4:58 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec.10 (ANI): Coach-cum-manager Alex Ferguson has said that he plans to offer the club’s Dutch keeper Edwin van der Sar a role at Old Trafford should he decide to hang up his gloves at the end of the 2010-11 season.
Fergie said he would sit down with van der Sar after Christmas to discuss keeping him on.
Van der Sar, 40, is set to quit after the current campaign, but boss Fergie is keen to put his wealth of experience to good use.
It is believed the stopper’s wife Annemarie, who suffered a brain haemorrhage more than a year ago, would like to move back to Holland.
United would prefer to hand Van der Sar a coaching role - but not affecting goalkeeping coach Eric Steele’s position - although a key scouting and ambassadorial position is likelier. (ANI)
- Man U star Edwin Van Der Sar to hang up his gloves in May - Jan 28, 2011
- Van Der Sar agrees to new one-year contract to stay at Man U - Feb 21, 2010
- Fergie facing Man U keeper crisis - Apr 09, 2011
- Man U goalkeeper van der Sar looks after ill wife - Dec 29, 2009
- Alex Ferguson won't blame goalkeeper for draw - Oct 17, 2010
- Van der Sar says will not back down on decision to retire - Mar 13, 2011
- Rooney asks Van der Sar to put off retirement plans - Mar 14, 2011
- Fergie looking to land three top summer transfers - Mar 30, 2011
- Ferguson expects Van der Sar to retire at end of season - Dec 26, 2010
- Manchester United goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar receives Dutch royal order - Jun 05, 2010
- Sky should forget signing Gary Neville: Ferguson - Jan 30, 2011
- Man U will have only itself to blame for Premier League title loss: Van Der Sar - May 04, 2010
- Ferguson increases efforts to get David De Gea - Apr 19, 2011
- Liverpool keeper Reina ready to join Man U - Feb 08, 2011
- Man U keepers on the warpath over alleged lack of advice - Nov 06, 2009