Female suicide bomber strikes market in restive Iraqi provinceJuly 7th, 2008 - 4:26 pm ICT by IANS
Baghdad, July 7 (DPA) A female suicide bomber blew herself up Monday in a market in north Iraq’s restive Diyala province, killing and injuring several people, police said. The bomber detonated her explosive belt at the popular market in al-Mafraq area in central Baquba, 57 km north-east of Baghdad, an unnamed source in the provincial police told the Voices of Iraq news agency.
The source did not say how many people were killed and injured in the attack.
Diyala is the centre of the Sunni extremist Al Qaeda in Iraq group, which is most associated with suicide bombings.
- 6 killed in Iraq violence - Aug 25, 2012
- 10 killed in Iraq bombing - Nov 03, 2011
- Five Iraqi soldiers killed in separate attacks - Sep 05, 2012
- 2 killed, 16 injured in attacks in Iraq - Nov 13, 2011
- 11 soldiers killed in Iraq car bombing - Mar 14, 2011
- 6 killed, 10 wounded in Iraq attacks - Apr 16, 2012
- Iraq official survives bomb attack - Apr 22, 2012
- 10 killed, 30 hurt in Iraq bombings - Mar 03, 2010
- Two US soldiers among five killed in Iraq explosion - Jun 11, 2010
- Eight people killed, 27 injured in Iraq attacks (Lead) - Jun 11, 2010
- 17 killed in two Iraq attacks - Dec 01, 2011
- Nine killed, 21 injured in Iraq - Aug 08, 2011
- Two policemen killed in Iraq bombings - Mar 09, 2012
- One killed in sticky bomb attack in Iraq - Nov 21, 2011
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
Tags: al mafraq, al qaeda, al qaeda in iraq, baghdad, baquba, diyala province, extremist, female suicide bomber, iraq news, news agency, north iraq, provincial police, suicide bombings, unnamed source, voices of iraq