Federer has become predictable: Pat CashJune 30th, 2008 - 5:44 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 30 (IANS) Former Australian tennis player Pat Cash thinks Swiss champion Roger Federer has become too predictable and monotonous in his game after winning 12 Grand Slams in five years. “I don’t know what it is like to be as brilliant and accomplished as Roger Federer,” Cash, a 1987 Wimbledon Champion, wrote in The Times.
“I am in awe of his skill and full of respect for his accomplishments. But the world No. 1 has hit a brick wall with his game and to escape from what could become stagnating complacency he must show the guts to take some gambles.
Cash said since Federer has now won 62 grasscourt matches in succession, he is in danger of becoming obsessed by statistics and records.
“He seems to accept that he can win the majority of his matches on cruise control and that just becomes downright predictable. You become almost monotonous. I don’t want (him) to fall into that trap.”
- Federer says French Open loss will help him be at his fiery best at Wimbledon - Jun 03, 2010
- Federer beats Djokovic to reach Wimbledon final - Jul 06, 2012
- Borg says Murray will win US Open - Aug 25, 2010
- Nadal completes career Grand Slam with US Open victory (Lead) - Sep 14, 2010
- Paes confirms participation at London Olympics - Jun 29, 2012
- Nadal, Djokovic eyeing history in French Open final (Lead) - Jun 09, 2012
- Federer loses to Berdych, seventh Wimbledon title hopes evaporate (Lead) - Jun 30, 2010
- Federer says Olympics tougher than a Grand Slam - Jul 27, 2012
- US Open: Federer, Murray drawn to meet in semis - Aug 24, 2012
- Federer clinches 70th career title at ATP Finals - Nov 28, 2011
- Tendulkar, Federer discuss cricket at Wimbledon - Jun 26, 2011
- Djokovic wins Rogers Cup, eyes US Open - Aug 13, 2012
- Olympics: Federer acknowledges he's favourite - Jul 27, 2012
- Djokovic beats Nadal to win maiden Wimbledon title (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Federer fends off Sampras's suggestion of him winning 10 Wimbledon titles - Jun 21, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,