Father dies saving son at seaApril 10th, 2012 - 12:10 am ICT by IANS
London, April 9 (IANS) An elderly father died while saving his drowning son on a secluded British beach after both were swept into the sea.
The 60-year-old unnamed man had been fishing on the rocks at Tregardock beach, near Delabole, in north Cornwall, when a large wave pulled his son, 27, into the sea in the morning, the Daily Express reported.
The father threw a lifebelt into the water. But he was also dragged into the surf by another giant wave while hauling his son to safety.
The father-son duo, who lived locally, were in the sea for about 30 minutes before being rescued by lifeboat crews. But the man was later declared dead. His son was rushed to hospital but his condition was not immediately known.
- Oregon man dies while trying to save dog swept into Pacific Ocean - Feb 15, 2010
- Delhi cop who 'shoved' elderly man suspended - Mar 01, 2012
- British woman Ann Hauffe dies after drowning on a Californian beach - Oct 27, 2010
- Two brothers hacked to death by sibling - Jan 28, 2011
- Indian drowned at New Zealand beach - Feb 19, 2011
- Elderly father dies while saving drowning daughter - Jul 16, 2011
- Two arrested in Jaipur, 100 kg of banned drug seized - Aug 10, 2012
- Jharkhand youth among 2 fishermen drowned near Thane - Mar 10, 2012
- British Woman Dies, Swept From Husband on California Beach - Oct 28, 2010
- Ex-Trinamool legislator surrenders over assault, gets bail - Apr 30, 2012
- Boy killed in Bihar for plucking mangoes - May 25, 2012
- South African beach dubbed world's deadliest - Jan 16, 2012
- Shayamalan to direct Will Smith, Jaden in next - Apr 05, 2011
- Father-son commit suicide in Amritsar - Sep 21, 2011
- Father-Son Duo Receive Death Sentence In Oregon Bank Bombing - Dec 23, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,