Fat lady seeks government aid for medical billMarch 27th, 2012 - 7:37 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 27 (IANS) A British woman wants the government to pay 14,000 pounds (about $22,370) required for her gastric band surgery as she has turned too fat to earn.
Weighing 33 stone (about 210 kg), Sara Agintas, who once used to splash out 200 pounds a week on takeaways, already receives 17,000 pounds a year in benefits. But she says she now requires the taxpayers’ help, the Sun reported.
Agintas, 43, of Buckinghamshire’s Milton Keynes town, says: “I can’t work because I’m too fat to fit in an office chair and can only stand for two minutes at a time.
“I can’t afford a personal trainer or weight-loss surgery - I need help from the taxpayer.
After she fell through the floor of her home, doctors advised Agintas to diet but it felt “too hard” to her. The mother of six partly blames her whopping weight on junk food cravings during her pregnancies.
- Aretha Franklin laughs off surgery rumours - Mar 14, 2011
- Aretha Franklin laughs off gastric bypass rumours - Mar 13, 2011
- Weight loss improves testosterone levels - Jun 05, 2011
- UK surgeons call for changes in weight-loss surgery rules - Jan 23, 2011
- Healthy UK women demanding gastric bands to stay thin - Jan 18, 2011
- Aretha Franklin weight loss sparked by embarrassing incident - Apr 30, 2011
- Bill Clinton's crash diet 'weird and extreme', says dietitian - Sep 24, 2010
- Winehouse to appear in court on assault charges - Dec 25, 2009
- Fat Kiwi women don't get less sex, contrary to new research - Jul 05, 2010
- Brit teacher sheds 15st by swapping takeaways for home-cooked meals - Nov 18, 2010
- Consumer Reports rates 'Jenny Craig' as the best weight-loss program - May 11, 2011
- Star Jones recovering after cardiac surgery - Mar 22, 2010
- Aretha Franklin reveals she has lost 85 pounds - Mar 03, 2011
- Hudson launches weight-loss centre - Sep 29, 2011
- Britain has 1.5 mn obese adults - Aug 24, 2012
Tags: bill london, british woman, diet, doctors, gastric band surgery, government aid, junk food cravings, kg, london march, medical bill, milton keynes, office chair, personal trainer, pregnancies, sara, sun, takeaways, taxpayers, two minutes, weight loss surgery