FARC rebels kill four people in southern ColombiaJanuary 14th, 2009 - 7:31 am ICT by IANS
Bogota, Jan 14 (IANS) Four people were killed and 11 others injured by Colombian rebels in southern Narino Province, EFE reported Tuesday.An official said the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC), the country’s largest leftist guerrilla group, attacked two villages, killing four people including children at around 12.30 p.m. Tuesday.
Eleven other people, who were injured in the attacks, airlifted to a hospital for treatment, Fabio Trujillo said.
The US and the European Union have designated the FARC as foreign terrorist organisation.
President Alvaro Uribe has made fighting the FARC a top priority.
- 12 rebels die in Colombian air strike - Jul 07, 2010
- Four dead in Colombia bus attack - Jun 21, 2012
- Bomb strapped to horse wounds two Colombian soldiers - Jul 12, 2011
- 5 shot dead during Colombian carnival - Feb 01, 2011
- Colombian troops kill rebel blamed for 84 deaths - Apr 18, 2012
- Guerrillas use dead body in attack in Colombia - Dec 08, 2011
- Eight miners killed in Colombia - Apr 09, 2010
- 13 Colombian rebels killed in airstrike - Nov 16, 2010
- 39 killed in Colombia clashes - Nov 11, 2009
- 10 police officers killed in Colombia - Sep 11, 2010
- Colombian rebel, presumed dead, appears in TV interview - Aug 02, 2012
- Car bomb injures former Colombian Interior Minister Londoño, kills 2 - May 16, 2012
- No grudges at talks with Colombian government: FARC - Sep 04, 2012
- Five shot dead in Colombian bar - Jul 02, 2012
- Colombian TV host held over rebel ties - Nov 16, 2010
Tags: armed forces, bogota, colombian rebels, efe, european union, farc, farc rebels, guerrilla group, narino, president alvaro uribe, revolutionary armed forces of colombia, revolutionary armed forces of colombia farc, southern colombia, terrorist organisation, top priority, trujillo