Famous Los Angeles Getty Museum exhibiting Ganesha and VishnuMarch 1st, 2011 - 5:22 pm ICT by ANI
Nevada (US), Mar 1 (ANI): Prestigious J. Paul Getty Museum of Los Angeles (USA) is currently exhibiting 13th century Lord Ganesha in its “Gods of Angkor” exhibition, which will continue till August 14.
This exhibition contains intricately detailed 26 historical bronze statues and ritual objects from Cambodia, including 11-12th century Lord Vishnu, Lord Shiva’s bull Nandi, etc. Ganesha statue, in a sitting posture, is shown with snakes forming his armbands.
Applauding Getty Center for exhibiting Hindu focused art, distinguished Hindu statesman Rajan Zed, in a statement in Nevada (USA) today, said that art had a long and rich tradition in Hinduism and ancient Sanskrit literature talked about religious paintings of deities on wood or cloth.
Rajan Zed, who is President of Universal Society of Hinduism, urged major art museums of the world, including Musee du Louvre and Musee d’Orsay of Paris, Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, Los Angeles Getty Center, Uffizi Gallery of Florence (Italy), Art Institute of Chicago, Tate Modern of London, Prado Museum of Madrid, National Gallery of Art in Washington DC, etc., to frequently organize Hindu art focused exhibitions, thus sharing the rich Hindu art heritage with the rest of the world.
The J. Paul Getty Museum at the Getty Center in Los Angeles houses European paintings, drawings, sculpture, illuminated manuscripts, decorative arts, and European and American photographs. The J. Paul Getty Museum at the Getty Villa in Malibu houses approximately 44,000 works of art from Greek, Roman, and Etruscan antiquities. David Bomford is the Acting Director while Mark S. Siegel is Board Chair of Getty Trust.(ANI)
- Art Institute of Chicago has developed "Classroom Lesson Plan" on Hindu deity Ganesha - Sep 24, 2010
- 'Temple' inside San Diego Museum - Dec 18, 2010
- Philadelphia Museum of Art displaying Radha-Krishna in its miniatures exhibition - Dec 13, 2010
- Major American museums carry Hindu Lord Shiva statues - Feb 20, 2011
- American museums offering online Hinduism resources - Nov 13, 2010
- Pennsylvania's Allentown Museum exhibiting Vishnu & other Hindu sculptures - Aug 10, 2010
- Brooklyn Museum in USA to exhibit Lord Vishnu from June - Mar 05, 2011
- New York's famed Rubin Museum to exhibit photos of India-Nepal sadhus - Jan 09, 2011
- California's Norton Simon Museum exhibiting Vishnu and other Hindu sculptures - Apr 23, 2011
- Canadian art gallery displaying Maharaja Ranjit Singh's throne - Nov 22, 2010
- National Museum of Korea displaying Hindu god masks - Nov 23, 2010
- Leading New Zealand museum holds exhibition on 'bindi' - Oct 26, 2010
- Art Institute of Chicago has created "Be a Vishnu Avatar" lesson plan for students - Feb 17, 2011
- Hindus laud British Museum for extensive Hindu collection - Dec 05, 2010
- Hindus laud Peabody Essex Museum for organizing Hindu gods exhibition - Feb 13, 2011
Tags: art institute of chicago, david bomford, etruscan antiquities, getty center, getty trust, getty villa, hindu art, hindu statesman, j paul getty, j paul getty museum, lord ganesha, lord vishnu, metropolitan museum of art, musee d orsay, musee du louvre, paul getty museum, prado museum, rajan zed, sitting posture, uffizi gallery