Falling icicles kill pedestrianFebruary 8th, 2012 - 2:06 pm ICT by IANS
Belgrade, Feb 8 (IANS) A woman was killed when large icicles fell on her head from the roof of a building in this Serbian capital.
The 49-year-old music teacher died when six large icicles, some weighing as much as four kg, dropped from the edge of a roof in the Belgrade suburb of Vozdovac.
The woman was on her way to a store, reported Xinhua citing the daily Blic.
Serbia declared a state of emergency Sunday due to heavy snowfall and frigid temperatures that have gripped the region. At least a dozen deaths in Serbia have been attributed to the Arctic conditions.
- Spanish brand wins at Serbia beer fest - Aug 22, 2012
- Djokovic unveils wax figure of himself in Serbia - Feb 10, 2012
- Mladic threatens hunger strike if rights not observed - Jun 06, 2011
- Relief in Valley as mercury rises to minus 1.4 - Jan 29, 2011
- Kashmir's grandpas miss winter's icicles, storytellers - Jan 17, 2011
- Indian group builds IT park in Serbia - Apr 20, 2012
- Kuwait football coach out of coma - Sep 06, 2012
- Europe's most wanted war crimes fugitive Mladic held (Lead) - May 26, 2011
- After years, icicles delight people in Shimla - Jan 11, 2012
- Two stolen Picasso paintings recovered in Serbia - Oct 27, 2011
- Serbians rally to show support to quake-hit Japanese - Apr 11, 2011
- Russian firefighting plane to help Serbia - Aug 26, 2012
- Archaeologists discover sculpture of Diana, Goddess of hunt in Serbia - Jul 22, 2010
- Flydubai to start flights to Belgrade - Sep 19, 2011
- Jolie on location hunt for directorial debut - Aug 23, 2010