Falling coconut kills Colombian manAugust 28th, 2010 - 8:44 am ICT by IANS
Bogota, Aug 28 (IANS/EFE) A man died after a falling coconut hit him on the head while he was relaxing in the shade of a coconut palm in the Colombian town of Melgar.
Jose Abelino Ramirez, 69, was resting in a rocking chair Thursday, as he did every afternoon, when a coconut fell from a 12-metre-tall palm tree outside his home.
The autopsy found that Ramirez suffered injuries to the skull and brain that caused his death.
“A neighbor saw the coconut fall and immediately called us to help. We managed to get him to the hospital but unfortunately he died,” said Jose Norberto Jimenez, president of the Community Action Board of Melgar’s Icacal neighborhood.
- Suspect in slaying of Argentine singer nabbed - Mar 14, 2012
- Blast kills three varsity students in Colombia - Mar 26, 2012
- Colombian rebel, presumed dead, appears in TV interview - Aug 02, 2012
- Colombian TV host held over rebel ties - Nov 16, 2010
- Gunman kills five in Colombia - Jul 28, 2012
- Laboratory producing cocaine found in Bogota - Nov 21, 2010
- Woman gunned down in church in Colombia - Aug 21, 2012
- 25 Colombian cops sacked for tipping off drug dealers - Jul 18, 2011
- 2 priests slain in Colombian capital - Jan 28, 2011
- Soccer player slain in Colombia - Jun 12, 2012
- Four children drown in Colombian pond - May 31, 2011
- Priest slain in Colombia - May 03, 2012
- Former Colombian general convicted of money laundering - Sep 07, 2012
- Two Colombian rebels killed by their own bomb - Jun 08, 2012
- Five Colombian cops die in plane crash - Jul 29, 2011