Fake US dollars seized in DubaiFebruary 2nd, 2011 - 12:32 am ICT by IANS
Dubai, Feb 1 (IANS/WAM) Authorities in Dubai Tuesday foiled an attempt to smuggle fake dollars with face value of about $220,000.The counterfeit money in the denomination of $100 was being carried by a passenger from a European country who arrived at the Dubai International Airport with a tourist visa.
Dubai Customs officers found bundles of notes in one of the two bags carried by the suspect.
An official said that the passenger claimed during investigation that unidentified persons in a European country asked him to carry the bag to Dubai and pass it on to someone.
The suspect, who visited Dubai for the first time, along with the seized money, was handed over to police for investigation.
- Dubai foils bid to smuggle pirated games CDs - Oct 19, 2010
- Dubai customs bust credit card racket - Mar 01, 2011
- Man held with drugs at Dubai airport - Nov 24, 2011
- Drug smuggling bid foiled in Dubai - Jan 14, 2012
- Dubai Customs foils bid to smuggle heroin - Aug 09, 2012
- Bid to smuggle narcotics foiled in Dubai - Aug 03, 2010
- Dubai police seize over 56 kg hashish - Aug 04, 2012
- Contraband in X-mass cards seized in Dubai - Dec 26, 2010
- 3.5 kg heroin seized in UAE - Aug 23, 2010
- Iraq, UAE to strengthen bilateral ties - Feb 04, 2011
- Etihad to increase flights for Haj pilgrims - Oct 26, 2010
- Tiger Woods to participate in Dubai event - Aug 01, 2010
- Bid to smuggle 17 kg crystal meth foiled in Dubai - Dec 21, 2011
- Nine kg of opium seized in Dubai - Feb 03, 2011
- Fake currency worth Rs 900,000 seized in Punjab - Nov 07, 2009