Facebook six founders, investers in Forbes billionaire listMarch 10th, 2011 - 3:01 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar.10 (ANI): Six of the founders and investors behind the popular social networking site Facebook have made it to the Forbes annual list of the world’s top billionaires.
It may not have been Facebook’s year at the Oscars, with ‘The Social Network’, the film depicting its creation, being trounced by The King’s Speech, but its creators have marked their spot on the list of billionaires.
Created in a Harvard dorm room in 2004, Facebook rocketed from an online directory for college students to the world’s No. 1 social network, quickly surpassing its predecessor Friendster and dominating its rival News Corp’s MySpace in popularity, The Guardian reports.
Facebook co-founder and Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg ranks 52 in the Forbes list, with a fortune estimated at 13.5 billion dollars.
His wealth, along with the other five, massively increased this year when Goldman Sachs invested 1.5 billion dollars, in capital into the site, increasing the value of the company, which remains private, at 50 billion dollars.
Next among the six to feature in the list is Dustin Moskovitz, a co- founder. His wealth is estimated at 2.7 billion dollars, making him the world’s youngest billionaire
Other members of the Facebook team featuring on the list include Sean Parker (1.6 billion dollars), Peter Thiel (1.5 billion dollars) and a Russian investor in the company, Yuri Milner (one billion dollars).
The final member of the group is Eduardo Saverin, whose falling out with Zuckerberg and the eventual lawsuit and settlement provided the dramatic core of the film ‘The Social Network’. Forbes estimates that the agreement that was reached makes Saverin worth 1.6 billion dollars.
However, the top three spots of the Forbes billionaire list remain unchanged, with Carlos Slim Helu, the Mexican Telecom Tycoon ranked at the top spot, with his wealth estimated at 74 billion dollars, followed by Bill Gates (56 billion dollars) and Warren Buffet (50 billion dollars). (ANI)
- Four of Indian-origin among America's 400 super-rich - Sep 23, 2010
- Facebook CEO commits to lock his stock for 12 months - Sep 05, 2012
- Bill Gates stays richest American for 17th year in a row - Sep 23, 2010
- Eduardo Saverin's Story In "The Social Network" - Oct 03, 2010
- Mexico's Carlos Slim is the richest man in the world - Mar 12, 2010
- Facebook founders pledge to give away wealth to charity - Dec 10, 2010
- Mark Zuckerberg buys a new mansion - May 06, 2011
- Lakshmi Mittal replaces Mukesh Ambani as world's richest Indian - Mar 10, 2011
- Five Indian Americans among Forbes 400 richest - Sep 20, 2012
- Two IITians among 400 richest Americans - Sep 22, 2011
- Forbes names Bill Gates 'Most Powerful Man in technology' - Nov 07, 2010
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg braces for 'The Social Network' - Oct 03, 2010
- Mukesh Ambani richest among 48 Indian billionaires - Mar 08, 2012
- Mukesh Ambani, Lakshmi Mittal in top 10 of world's rich list (Lead) - Mar 11, 2010
- Mukesh Ambani, Lakshmi Mittal in top 10 of world's rich list - Mar 11, 2010
Tags: bill gates, billi, carlos slim helu, co founder, dorm room, eduardo saverin, facebook, forbes billionaire list, forbes list, friendster, goldman sachs, list of billionaires, milner, myspace, news corp, one billion dollars, peter thiel, social networking site, top billionaires, warren buffet