Explosions heard near US embassy in YemenSeptember 17th, 2008 - 2:48 pm ICT by IANS
Sana’a, Sep 17 (DPA) Two explosions were heard in the vicinity of the US embassy in the Yemeni capital Sana’a Wednesday, according to witnesses.The witnesses heard several shots being fired immediately after the explosions occurred, but it was unclear if shots came from the embassy’s security guards.
The police have sealed off roads around the embassy.
There were no immediate reports of casualties.
- One killed as protesters storm US embassy in Yemen (Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- Yemeni protestors storm US embassy - Sep 13, 2012
- Militants fire at British embassy in Yemen - Jul 27, 2010
- Protests rattle major cities across Yemen - Apr 14, 2011
- Mortar shells hit Yemeni Air Force Base, destroying two fighter jets - Oct 31, 2011
- Yemeni bomber narrowly misses British ambassador - Apr 26, 2010
- 19 killed, hundreds injured in clashes across Yemen - May 12, 2011
- Yemeni government, armed tribesmen agree on ceasefire - May 29, 2011
- Five explosions heard in ceasefire area in Sana'a - May 28, 2011
- Blast in Israel embassy car injures four, Iran blamed (Intro Roundup) - Feb 13, 2012
- Al Qaeda guns down American in Yemen (Lead) - Mar 18, 2012
- 29 protesters killed in police firing in Yemen(Lead) - Mar 18, 2011
- Yemeni suicide bomber narrowly misses UK ambassador (Lead) - Apr 26, 2010
- Saleh wounded in shelling on presidential palace in Sana'a - Jun 03, 2011
- 20 Al Qaeda terrorists killed in Yemen - May 26, 2012