Explosion rocks Cairo’s Tourist AreaFebruary 23rd, 2009 - 12:52 am ICT by admin
At least 8 people have been injured after an explosion struck a tourist area in Cairo, Egypt; foreigners among casualties.
The cause of the blast was an unidentified object exploding near a cafe in the Cairo tourist area of Khan el-Khalil.
Initial reports suggest that the explosion was caused by a bomb.
Khan el-Khalili is a major souk in the Old City of Cairo and a major tourist attraction. The district is one of Cairo’s main attractions for tourists and Egyptians alike.
- French tourist killed in Egypt - Jan 29, 2012
- One killed, 12 injured in Cairo bomb attack (Lead) - Feb 23, 2009
- Blast at Egypt gas pipeline - Feb 05, 2011
- Unrest swells in Egypt as cornered government bans Al-Jazeera (Roundup) - Jan 30, 2011
- French man killed, 20 inujured in Cairo blast (Second lead) - Feb 23, 2009
- American tourists kidnapped in Egypt - Jul 14, 2012
- No restrictions for tourists in Egypt - Jun 30, 2012
- South Korean tourists abducted in Egypt - Feb 11, 2012
- Egypt's resorts safe for tourists - Feb 08, 2011
- Egypt brings new fusion culture package to India (With Image) - Jan 31, 2012
- Egypt voted best destination by travel writers - Aug 19, 2010
- Tourist dies in an Egyptian shark attack - Dec 06, 2010
- Two Brazilian girls kidnapped in Egypt - Mar 19, 2012
- Israeli missile kills militant in Egypt - Aug 27, 2012
- Krishna meets top Egyptian leaders - Mar 04, 2012