Explosion on rail track in Assam derails goods trainJanuary 4th, 2009 - 11:24 pm ICT by IANS
Guwahati, Jan 4 (IANS) A goods train was derailed after an explosion on a railway track in Assam Sunday, officials said.A railway spokesman said the explosion took place near the Maibongdisa and Harangajao stations in Assam’s North Cachar Hills district, about 320 km south of here.
“The explosion on the track led to derailment of three wagons of the goods train carrying candles and papers,” a railway official said.
There were no casaulties. “The explosion caused damage to the rail track leading to disruption in services in the metre gauge section,” the official said.
The police suspected the Black Widow militants triggered the explosion.
The Black Widow is a rebel group fighting for a homeland for the Dimasa tribe in southern Assam.
- Train services yet to be restored in northeast - Jun 10, 2012
- Northeast train services partially resume after two weeks - Jun 14, 2012
- Railway services in northeast partially restored - Jul 25, 2012
- 'Another month to restore train services to northeast' - Jul 02, 2012
- Landslides, blockade disrupt rail services in northeast - Jun 17, 2010
- Rail services in northeast restored - Jul 03, 2010
- 100 injured as Assam train derails, separatists hand suspected (Lead) - Dec 17, 2010
- Day 3: 2,500 train passengers still stranded in Assam - Jun 28, 2012
- Goods train derails in Bihar; no casualties - Jul 13, 2012
- Train derails in Assam, 100 injured - Dec 17, 2010
- Successive shutdowns disrupt life in northeast - Jan 22, 2011
- Landslides disrupt rail services in parts of northeast - Jun 22, 2010
- Blast rocks Assam ahead of Republic Day, train derailed - Jan 25, 2011
- Train passengers stranded by Assam floods being rescued - Jun 28, 2012
- Northeast road-rail links snapped, situation worsens - Jul 16, 2012