Execute arrest warrants: Indian-origin British MPMarch 3rd, 2012 - 5:51 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 3 (IANS) Out of nearly 1,200 arrest warrants issued in Britain since November 2009, only around 900 have been executed, according to government statistics revealed by Indian-origin Tory lawmaker Priti Patel.
A total of 1,188 arrest warrants were issued between November 2009 and July 2011. But only 869 led to arrests, The Sun reported Saturday.
The remaining 319 have evaded arrest and are still at liberty, according to the figures obtained by Patel through parliamentary questions.
“These figures highlight the huge scale of the challenge that is facing the government. Hard-working taxpayers need to know we are doing everything we can to punish these people. Fraudsters need to know there is no place to hide - that they will be tracked down and they will face justice,” Patel said.
- Britons are lazy: Indian-origin MP - Aug 18, 2012
- 4,600 criminals let off in Britain: Indian-origin MP - Sep 14, 2012
- Jail term over, 55 not deported from UK: Indian-origin MP - Aug 10, 2011
- Get back capital punishement: Indian-origin British MP - Aug 24, 2011
- Kolkata fire: Three AMRI directors seek anticipatory bail - Feb 16, 2012
- Britons appalled as criminals not deported: Indian-origin MP - Sep 08, 2011
- Labour MP distracts members at PM's Questions with low-cut blouse - Apr 29, 2011
- Indian-origin doctor not fit to practice: British tribunal - Aug 22, 2012
- Don't use British jails as hotels: Indian-origin MP - Aug 09, 2012
- Indian-origin MP faces racist attack in Britain - Feb 06, 2011
- Nupur Talwar's bail rejected, moves apex court (Second Lead) - May 02, 2012
- Kolkata fire: Three AMRI directors seek anticipatory bail (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- 300 criminals untraceable in Britain: Indian-origin MP - Jun 26, 2011
- EU court allows asylum seekers to stay - Dec 22, 2011
- Arrest warrant against Nupur Talwar (Third Lead) - Apr 18, 2012