Ex-White House intern to tell of affair with John F. Kennedy in explosive tomeMay 24th, 2009 - 12:26 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 24 (ANI): After more than 45 years, a former White House intern is breaking her silence to reveal the details of her 17-month affair with President John F Kennedy.
Mimi Beardsley Alford, now 66, a retired New York church administrator, maintained the secret about her relationship with the womanising president until a new Kennedy biography was published in 2003.
The biography revealed that he began an affair in June 1962 with Mimi Beardsley. The 19-year-old student working in the White House press office was described as a “tall, slender, beautiful” by Kennedy’s biographer, Robert Dallek, The Telegraph reported.
Now, Mimi is working on a memoir entitled Once Upon a Secret about hiding such an explosive episode in her past for most of her life, the New York Times reported.
For the memoir, Mimi will receive an advance believed to be worth nearly 1 million dollars from Random House, the publisher.
She was tracked down and identified as a divorcee working for a Manhattan presbyterian church who had told nobody about the affair.
She gave a brief statement confirming a “sexual relationship” had lasted until his assassination in November 1963, but has said nothing more since then.
Susan Mercandetti, executive editor at Random House, said: “It’s about a loss of innocence. I was just completely struck by how simple, yet how profound, it was.” (ANI)
- President Kenendy 'took virginity of intern' - Feb 05, 2012
- Simon Cowell's ex girlfriend Jasmine Lennard all set to enter the Celebrity Big Brother House - Jul 10, 2012
- When JFK snubbed Frank Sinatra for Marilyn Monroe - Oct 05, 2010
- Battle over Liz Taylor memoirs begins just days after her death - Mar 25, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey's secrets to be revealed - Mar 01, 2010
- Jackie Kennedy 'feared JFK would have affair with Liz Taylor' - Apr 10, 2011
- Mila Kunis to play Jacqueline Kennedy? - Mar 02, 2012
- Indira's leadership spirit sown in Santiniketan: Biographer - Nov 17, 2011
- JFK Jr smoked dope, liked tantric sex, reveals ex - Mar 04, 2011
- Beauty guru Leslie Kenton was raped at 11 by her dad, says memoir - Jan 31, 2010
- Ava Gardner's sex pact with Brit war hero who inspired James Bond - Apr 14, 2011
- John F. Kennedy's wife hated Elizabeth Taylor - Apr 11, 2011
- Taylor Swift dating Conor Kennedy? - Aug 01, 2012
- Previously Unseen Photographs of the JFK Inauguration 50 Years Ago Today - Jan 21, 2011
- New tome reveals Jackie Kennedy's love for JFK - Jun 03, 2010
Tags: 1 million dollars, 45 years, beardsley, church administrator, divorcee, executive editor, john f kennedy, kennedy biography, loss of innocence, manhattan presbyterian church, memoir, mimi, new york times, november 1963, president john f kennedy, random house, robert dallek, sexual relationship, white house press, white house press office