Ex-Tacoma teacher found guilty of raping two boysApril 21st, 2009 - 1:35 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Apr 21 (ANI): An ex-school teacher has been found guilty of abducting one of her students, and raping him and his 15-year-old brother.
Judge D. Gary Steiner at Pierce County Superior Court convicted 33-year-old Jennifer Leigh Rice of first-degree kidnapping with sexual motivation, first-degree child molesting and two counts of third-degree child rape.
Rice is facing over 25 years in prison, and she now remains in jail pending her sentencing on June 5, reports The Daily Telegraph.
The court heard that she took a 10-year-old student she taught in her first year at McKinley Elementary School from his home in Tacoma, and later drove over 100 miles to have sex with him at a rest area on Interstate 90 on August 11, 2007.
Rice was also convicted of having sex with the boy’s 15-year-old brother earlier in the month.
Court records have revealed that the boys’ father told investigators that Rice showered his younger son with attention until about July 2007, before she was told to stop coming to the house.
According to a police affidavit, soon after Rice was arrested, she confessed of having had sex with the boy four or five times previously, including once when she sneaked into his house while his parents were asleep.
However, there have been no details on her relationship with the older boy, except that he was not one of her students.
The News Tribune of Tacoma reported previously that Rice resigned from earlier jobs teaching Spanish at Spanaway Lake High in the suburban Bethel School District and as a second-grade teacher at Southworth Elementary in Yelm, between Tacoma and Olympia, both when her professional judgment was questioned after a year on the job. (ANI)
- Teacher Jennifer Leigh Rice Convicted of Sex With 10-Year Old - Apr 21, 2009
- US teacher accused of having sex with students - Aug 21, 2012
- Indian-American teacher heads to jail for sex with minor - Jul 24, 2012
- Two minors raped in Delhi - Jul 10, 2012
- Child brings in crack drugs to a 'show and tell' show at school - Sep 21, 2011
- Two US teachers arrested over 'having sex with teen students' - Apr 27, 2011
- Reports: Teacher shot dead at Tacoma, WA school - Feb 26, 2010
- Tacoma Washington Elementary School Teacher Killed in Shooting - Feb 27, 2010
- Delhi teacher held for raping ex-student, making MMS - Dec 26, 2011
- US porn star, lover beat tattoo shop owner to death - May 22, 2012
- Mom finds sex education book with child, sues school - May 01, 2011
- Ex-teacher Stephanie Ragusa pleads guilty to sex with teenagers - Apr 13, 2010
- US dance teacher arrested 'for having sex with student, 16, in car' - Jan 07, 2011
- Three injured after 6-year-old US boy fires accidentally - Apr 20, 2011
- US man jailed for child sex tourism in Cambodia - Dec 21, 2010
Tags: bethel school district, child rape, county superior court, daily telegraph, degree kidnapping, first degree, gary steiner, grade teacher, interstate 90, jennifer leigh, mckinley elementary school, news tribune, pierce county superior court, professional judgment, rest area, sexual motivation, spanaway lake, teaching spanish, yelm, younger son