Ex-police chief accused of being part of Dis murder plotJanuary 18th, 2008 - 12:56 pm ICT by admin
London, Jan 18 (ANI): Britains former top police officer has been accused of being a part of a conspiracy to murder Princess Diana.
Dianas lover Dodi Al fayeds father Mohamed Al Fayeds barrister Michael Mansfield QC accused ex-Metropolitan Police Commissioner Lord Condon of deliberately covering up evidence, because he knew the princess death in Paris was linked to ‘British state agencies’.
However, Lord Condon described the allegations, made at Dianas ongoing death inquest in London, as ‘abhorrent’ and ‘disgusting’.
The astonishing exchange came during cross-examination about a note from the princess to her lawyer Lord Mishcon in 1995, in which she revealed she feared she would be killed in a car crash.
Lord Mishcon, who has since died, handed the letter to Lord Condon 18 days after the deaths of Diana, Dodi Fayed and driver Henri Paul in 1997.
However, the crucial note was not passed on to Coroner Michael Burgess until 2003, when a similar letter was made public by Diana’s former butler, Paul Burrell.
Mansfield told the jury that it was Lord Condons legal duty to reveal the letter in 1997.
I’m going to make it plain to you, Lord Condon, that the reason why potentially relevant material was not handed to the coroner immediately and in fact, not at all until Paul Burrell put his letter in the public domain, was that you were sitting on it knowing that something had gone wrong in Paris linked to the work of British state agencies, The Sun quoted
Mansfield, as saying.
A stunned Lord Condon replied: That is about the most serious allegation that could ever be made of someone in my position and I totally refute it as a blatant lie.
I find the suggestion, though I respect your right to raise it, as totally abhorrent, offensive and would actually mean that I’m a murderer in essence, part of a murderous conspiracy. There is not one iota of truth in what Mr Mansfield is suggesting, he added.
Lord Condon had earlier told the High Court inquest he believed Diana would still be alive if she had not given up her protection by the Met.
He said he begged her to change her mind, adding: Her problem with protection was, sadly, that she did not have police protection. I wish she had. (ANI)
- 'Princess Diana was murdered' - Jul 22, 2010
- `Princess Diana died as attempt to scare her went wrong' - Mar 12, 2010
- Letter on Di's fears of being killed withheld by senior police officers - Sep 26, 2009
- 'Diana died after plan to frighten her into leaving lover went horribly wrong' - Mar 12, 2010
- 'Di was murdered because she planned to expose UK's role in arms trade' - Jun 01, 2010
- 'Princess Di was killed to end romance with Dodi' - Mar 29, 2010
- Tony Blair 'worried for Princess Di' when she started dating Dodi Fayed - Sep 03, 2010
- Di's death was not an accident, says leading lawyer - Sep 02, 2009
- Diana's death linked to Britain's arms deal - Jun 02, 2010
- Chauffeur behind Princess Di's death was 'framed as a drunk driver' - May 20, 2010
- Princess Di's driver's blood test 'wasn't verified' - Aug 09, 2010
- 'Innocent' Princess Di's driver 'set up' by French authorities, claims book - Mar 15, 2010
- Princess Di has concluded her death was a 'well-planned accident': Psychic - Aug 31, 2010
- New book tells story if Diana had not died in car crash - Jan 06, 2011
- Mohamed al-Fayed claims he torched Harrods' royal warrants - Aug 23, 2010
Tags: car crash, condons, cross examination, death in paris, diana dodi, dianas lover, dodi fayed, driver henri paul, inquest, london jan, lord condon, lord mishcon, michael burgess, michael mansfield qc, mr mansfield, murder plot, paul burrell, police commissioner, princess diana, relevant material