Ex-NY Governor Spitzer is a now a real estate investorMarch 6th, 2009 - 4:50 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Mar.6 (ANI): Former New York Governor Eliot Spitzer is back at work as a commercial real estate investor from a Washington office just a block from the Mayflower Hotel room where he hooked up with 22-year-old prostitute Ashley Dupree and, as a result, doomed his career.
Spitzer, using with his father’’s real estate company, bought 1615 L Street N.W., a 13-story dark-glass building that houses his office.
One of the other tenants is the Nixon Presidential Library.
The Spitzer building actually overlooks the Mayflower.
Last month, a U.S. district judge said tapes of former New York Governor Eliot Spitzer making calls to a prostitution ring could be made public.
According to Fox News, a Manhattan judge had ordered the government to make public sealed documents about wiretaps in the Eliot Spitzer scandal.
U.S. District Judge Jed S. Rakoff ordered prosecutors to release documents detailing calls on cell phones used by a prostitution ring whose clients included the former governor. The documents were not immediately released; prosecutors will have a chance to appeal.
The New York Times sued late last year to get the material unsealed. The newspaper has agreed to allow the government to withhold the names of 67 customers named in the documents.
Spitzer resigned last year after details were revealed of a tryst with one of the ring’’s prostitutes in a Washington hotel.
Investigators had been looking into the governor’’s affairs after noticing unusual activity — later shown to be payments to prostitutes — in his bank accounts. Spitzer was tracked using court-ordered wiretaps.
Court papers allege Spitzer paid thousands of dollars to use the services of former call girl Ashley Alexandra Dupre, and law enforcement officials have said the former governor had a February 13, 2008 tryst with Dupre, then 22, in the Mayflower Hotel in Washington.
Spitzer allegedly paid for Dupre to take a train from New York to D.C. — a move that opened the transaction up to federal prosecution because she crossed state lines.
Spitzer, who was referred to as Client 9 in federal documents, was alleged to be a repeat customer with the Emperors Club VIP, a high-end prostitution service. (ANI)
- New flick reveals Eliot Spitzer's favorite hooker, and it's not Ashley Dupre - Nov 11, 2010
- Dupre 'sexcapades' dashed former NY Governor Spitzer's presidency dreams - Sep 21, 2009
- Rajat Gupta wins a key ruling, loses on wiretaps - Mar 28, 2012
- Ashley Dupre studying to become real estate broker - Jul 03, 2010
- Ashley Dupre was just one of the prostitutes Eliot Spitzer bedded, says attorney - Jun 03, 2009
- Lynn Schnurnberger's latest book talks about cougar call girls - Jan 16, 2011
- 66 percent New Yorkers don't want Spitzer back in office - May 22, 2010
- Ashley Dupre not posing for Playboy - Jan 29, 2010
- Ex-New York Governor Spitzer planning political comeback - Sep 01, 2009
- Hooker who claims to have bedded Becks 'slept with Spitzer' - Sep 30, 2010
- Former Madam Kristin Davis to run for New York state comptroller - Dec 17, 2009
- Eliot Spitzer was suicidal, reveals close confidant in new tell-all - Mar 05, 2010
- Spitzer 'to give ethics lecture' at Harvard! - Nov 12, 2009
- Ex-madam Kristin Davis to run for comptroller against Eliot Spitzer - Dec 16, 2009
- High-priced hooker's mum dismayed over ex-NY Guv Spitzer's comeback moves - Sep 02, 2009
Tags: ashley dupree, commercial real estate investor, eliot spitzer, eliot spitzer scandal, former new york governor, fox news, girl ashley, governor eliot spitzer, governor spitzer, jed s rakoff, law enforcement officials, manhattan judge, mayflower hotel, nixon presidential library, ny governor, prostitution ring, real estate investor, s real estate, spitzer building, york governor eliot spitzer