Ex-Massachusetts Governor Romney’s Nevada edge getting smallerApril 29th, 2011 - 5:05 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr. 29 (ANI): Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney still holds a solid lead in Nevada, but that advantage has shrunk in recent months, according to a new poll.
The survey out Thursday by automated Democratic pollster Public Policy Polling showed Romney garnering 24 percent of the Republican primary vote, Politico reports.
That’s an eight-point lead over his nearest competitor, but a lead seven points smaller than it was in January.
Donald Trump has rocketed to second place in the state, attracting 16 percent and uprooting Sarah Palin as the state’s second-favored Republican presidential hopeful.
Newt Gingrich sits in third place at 11 percent, trailed by Mike Huckabee’s 10 percent. Michele Bachmann captured 7 percent in the poll and Ron Paul - who is speaking Thursday in Nevada - took 5 percent.
The poll of 300 Republicans has a sampling error of plus or minus 5.7 percentage points.(ANI)
- Trump in second place as GOP candidate: NBC Poll - Apr 07, 2011
- Trump takes lead in GOP primary race, beats other Republicans: Poll - Apr 17, 2011
- Obama's rating plunges, yet ahead of GOP rivals: Poll - Apr 20, 2011
- Former Pennsylvania Senator wins South Carolina straw poll - Apr 10, 2011
- Poll shows ex-Arkansas Governor Huckabee a hit with southern voters - Mar 02, 2011
- Romney GOP's only New Hampshire hope: Poll - Apr 07, 2011
- Palin gets no vote in recent GOP straw poll - Feb 23, 2011
- GOP candidate to debate in Sioux City Iowa - Dec 16, 2011
- Romney, Palin clear leaders for 2012 GOP presidential primary - Oct 01, 2010
- Romney, Huckabee are Republican Party's best White House bet - Feb 07, 2011
- US Presidential wannabe Mike Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals, finds poll - Jan 13, 2011
- Mitt Romney slightly ahead of potential 2012 GOP presidential candidates: Poll - Jan 25, 2011
- US Presidential wannabe Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals: Poll - Mar 03, 2011
- Romney coasts to second victory in a row - Feb 05, 2012
- Obama leads over four potential 2012 GOP contenders: Poll - Jan 21, 2011
Tags: competitor, donald trump, governor mitt romney, massachusetts governor romney, michele bachmann, mike huckabee, mitt romney, new poll, newt gingrich, percentage points, pollster, public policy, republicans, ron paul, sampling error, sarah palin, seven points, vote