Ex-Arkansas Guv Huckabee predicts Palin win in 2012November 23rd, 2010 - 7:25 pm ICT by ANI
Des Moines (Iowa, US), Nov. 23 (ANI): Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee believes that if former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin jumps into the 2012 Republican presidential primary, “she may run away with it.”
Huckabee made the remarks in Des Moines, Iowa, where he was in town to headline a meeting of evangelical conservatives.
“No question, she will be a very, very strong presence and force, if she gets in,” Huckabee was quoted by the Des Moines Register, as saying.
The 2012 Republican nominating contest remains an open field, and speculation continues to mount that Palin will make a serious run for the presidency.
She is scheduled to make two stops in Iowa in the coming weeks to promote her new book, “America by Heart.”
Two of her aides are searching for possible office space in Iowa to occupy in the coming year, the Guardian reports.
Huckabee, who won the Iowa Republican caucus in 2008, joked Sunday, “If I get in, I prefer she not and that she endorse me.”
The former governor of Arkansas also speculated more seriously about starting his own 2012 presidential campaign, the Register reports.
“I’m not on a timetable. I’m not on somebody’s calendar to say this is the time when I have to decide,” he said.
“Am I keeping the option open? Yes. Am I open to it, considering it and giving — you know — thought? Of course. I think it would be foolish not to in light of having been through it, understanding what it’s about.” (ANI)
- Sarah Palin pushes midterm election candidates, teases possible presidential candidacy bid - Sep 18, 2010
- Sarah Palin still keeps everyone guessing on 2012 presidential run - Nov 30, 2010
- Palin's Iowa trip, Friday's Republican dinner, points to 2012 presidential run - Sep 13, 2010
- US Presidential wannabe Mike Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals, finds poll - Jan 13, 2011
- Palin drops to fifth place in GOP 2012 presidential primary race - Apr 09, 2011
- US Presidential wannabe Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals: Poll - Mar 03, 2011
- Michele Bachmann ends White House bid - Jan 05, 2012
- Sarah Palin's Iowa visit spurs talk of US Presidential run - Dec 07, 2009
- Mike Huckabee defends Michelle Obama in food fight with Sarah Palin - Dec 23, 2010
- Republican lawmaker Pawlenty apologizes for cap-and-trade support - May 01, 2011
- Former Alaska Governor Palin believes she can beat President Obama in 2012 - Nov 18, 2010
- Chris Christie defends Michelle Obama's obesity campaign - Feb 28, 2011
- Mike Pence Tops Republican's 2012 Presidential Nominee Choice - Sep 19, 2010
- Over half of Americans think Obama will lose 2012 presidential re-election bid - Feb 09, 2011
- Poll shows ex-Arkansas Governor Huckabee a hit with southern voters - Mar 02, 2011
Tags: aides, alaska governor sarah palin, arkansas governor mike huckabee, conservatives, des moines register, former arkansas governor mike huckabee, governor mike huckabee, governor of arkansas, governor sarah palin, guardian reports, guv, iowa republican, mike huckabee, moines iowa, office space, presidency, presidential campaign, presidential primary, republican caucus, sarah palin