Even Christmas cards in UK are vulnerable to F-word!December 21st, 2008 - 5:42 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 21 (ANI): Britons, it seems, cant get enough of the F-word, for Christmas cards containing expletives are being sold in high street shops across the country.
Although, shoppers and campaigners have expressed their revulsion at the cards, the cards make liberal use of the f-word.
For instance, one shows a traditional image of Jesus beneath which is printed a crude joke involving genitalia, reports the Telegraph.
Ann Widdecombe MP said: “These cards are profane. Christmas is a Christian festival and should not be associated with swearing and vulgarity. Furthermore it’’s rotten for parents whose children can see them on open display.
“Christmas is a time when everything should be innocent. This just shows the decadence we have slipped into and I would urge people not to buy them.”
The Christmas cards are sold in Scribbler, a prominent chain of stationers which specialises in “edgy” cards by young British graphic designers, as well as the fashion store Urban Outfitters and Selfridges on London’’s Oxford Street.
One of the cards on sale shows three men holding placards bearing the slogans “Merry Christmas ——”, “Merry ——- Christmas” and “Merry Christmas ——”. Another shows a pensioner standing next to a Christmas tree with the message: “Have a ——- miserable Christmas.”
One range of cards, from a design company which boasts the name Offensive plus Delightful, uses trendy designs married to crude slogans such as “Happy —-ing New Year” and “Resolutions . . . —- ”em!” (ANI)
- World's first Christmas cards to be auctioned off - Dec 08, 2010
- 'Wuthering Heights' radio version to have f-word - Mar 22, 2011
- Sir Elton John utters the F-word live on air during family radio show - Jan 29, 2011
- Flaunt your kinky side with 'bondage-style lingerie' this season! - Dec 04, 2010
- Parents sue Urban Outfitters for $28 million - Aug 19, 2011
- BBC apologises for Radio 4 F-word slip - Aug 22, 2011
- Brit parents barking mad at toy puppy teaching toddlers the F-word - May 23, 2010
- Brit teacher fired for teaching 'f-word' to Oz students wins legal suit - Apr 13, 2011
- Rihanna takes fashion tips from London streets - Aug 14, 2012
- Mariah Carey plans Christmas concert - Nov 03, 2010
- Bestselling teen novels bristle with swear words - May 18, 2012
- Associated Press sues retailers over iconic Obama Hope image - Mar 13, 2011
- Radcliffe to do romantic comedy - Jul 20, 2012
- Parents TV Council Worried Over 69% Increase In Profanity In Primetime TV Shows - Nov 10, 2010
- BBC adds foul language to 'Wuthering Heights' adaptation - Mar 22, 2011
Tags: ann widdecombe, campaigners, christmas cards, christmas is a time, christmas merry christmas, christmas tree, decadence, expletives, fashion store, graphic designers, image of jesus, miserable christmas, oxford street, pensioner, revulsion, selfridges, stationers, traditional image, urban outfitters, use of the f word