Even boob jobs have been hit by recession!January 4th, 2009 - 3:24 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 4 (ANI): Besides the stock markets and big business houses, another trade has been hit by the credit crunch the cosmetic surgery industry.
Hard up cosmetic surgeons are feeling the pinch as wealthy British ladies have decided not to spend money on surgery because of the credit crunch.
Top surgeon Anthony Erian confirmed that cosmetic surgery clinics had become the latest victims of recession.
He said one private hospital had closed and demand for cosmetic surgery had halved, reports the Sun.
People who dont need cosmetic surgery are saying that cosmetic surgery is a luxury they cannot afford at the moment - just like they might decide not to go on holiday, said Erian, a plastic surgeon for 29 years.
I would say there is a downturn of 50 per cent across the board. Theyre having the same problem in America. Who would have thought that American plastic surgeons would be looking for work in Dubai and the UK - but they are, the expert added.
He added: I dont think the industry will die. There will always be a demand. Its a matter of riding out the storm. (ANI)
- Australians spend about $1bn annually on cosmetic procedures - Mar 31, 2011
- India fourth in plastic surgeries - and experts know why - Aug 13, 2010
- Dracula therapy: Fighting ageing with your own blood - Nov 16, 2011
- More men in US undergoing plastic surgery to 'look good' - Mar 21, 2011
- Forever young - with instant anti-ageing creams! - Jul 10, 2010
- Women fired from Citibank for being 'too hot' had plastic surgery - Jun 10, 2010
- 16th century diagrams detail world's first ever nose jobs - Dec 28, 2010
- I would consider plastic surgery: Mel C - Sep 16, 2011
- Recession hurts US plastic surgery industry - Apr 28, 2010
- Jessica Simpson Calls Plastic Surgery Reports "False" - Jun 17, 2010
- Oz women with 'designer vaginas' getting psychiatric help - Nov 14, 2010
- Got a migraine? Get a 'brow-lift'! - Nov 11, 2010
- More men going under the knife to look good - Mar 21, 2011
- Chinese talent show star dies in plastic surgery accident - Nov 25, 2010
- An 'explosion' in the number of boob jobs in run-up to Christmas - Dec 08, 2010
Tags: anthony erian, boob jobs, british ladies, business houses, cosmetic surgery clinics, cosmetic surgery industry, credit crunch, downturn, feeling the pinch, london jan, money, plastic surgeon, private hospital, recession, riding out the storm, stock markets, sun, work in dubai