European Parliament condemns Pak support to TalibanApril 16th, 2011 - 9:35 pm ICT by ANI
Brussels, Apr 16(ANI): The European Parliament has taken the bold step towards issuing two declarations against the Pakistan Government and instructing European Commission to re-evaluate the size of financial packages provided to Pakistan to eradicate terrorist from its soil.
The declarations came as a need for urgent measure to be taken for the safety and security for European Union (EU), as Pakistan didn’t stop supporting Taliban and has been involved in supporting export of terrorism to EU countries.
It said that the EU is worried about Taliban infiltration into Pakistani governmental structures, particularly the military, intelligence and security establishments.
It also highlighted that intelligence sources today state that the Taliban are continuously attempting to gain control over nuclear warheads, which clearly poses a threat for Europe and the world.
The Parliament further said that the US President Barack Obama had already warned in 2009 of the possibility of the Taliban ’snatching a nuclear weapon in transport or inserting sympathisers into laboratories’. (ANI)
- EU rebukes Pakistan for going slow against Taliban - Apr 16, 2011
- European Parliament raises serious concerns over Pak's proxy rule in Gilgit-Baltistan - Dec 18, 2009
- To make Pakistan behave, strengthen India ties - Dec 22, 2011
- New EU anti-terrorist body will be 'like KGB' - Apr 02, 2011
- EU gives trade preferences to Pakistan - Oct 08, 2010
- Zardari's secret memo promised to punish Mumbai attackers - Nov 18, 2011
- EU to slap new sanctions on Syria - Jul 20, 2012
- EU seeks closer ties with Pakistan - Feb 09, 2012
- US fear of terrorists grabbing Pak nukes overlooks bigger threat of nuclear war with India - Mar 09, 2011
- European parliament urges Russia, China to back Iran sanctions - Feb 03, 2012
- Iranian cleric warns against UN, EU support to Britain - Dec 03, 2011
- EU to enforce Iran oil embargo from July onwards - Jun 26, 2012
- EU offers $28 mn aid to Syria - Jun 09, 2012
- Pakistan seeks strategic dialogue with EU - Nov 25, 2011
- EU seeks free trade deal with India - Dec 08, 2010
Tags: barack obama, bold step, brussels, declarations, establishments, eu countries, european commission, european parliament, european union, governmental structures, infiltration, intelligence sources, military intelligence, nuclear warheads, nuclear weapon, pakistan government, parliament, safety and security, soil, taliban