EU Troika-India to meet in PragueJune 26th, 2009 - 7:41 pm ICT by IANS
Brussels, June 26 (IANS) An India-European Union (EU) Troika ministerial meeting will be held in the Czech capital of Prague Monday, a statement by the 27-nation grouping said here Friday.
The meeting will address the India-EU relations and the cooperation between the two sides in specific areas such as a free trade agreement, a maritime agreement, energy and the strengthening of political dialogue in the fields of human rights and the fight against terrorism.
While India’s delegation at the meeting will be led by Foreign Minister S. M. Krishna, the EU side will be represented by Czech Foreign Minister Jan Kohout, EU Commissioner for external relations Benita Ferrero-Waldner, and EU foreign policy chief Javier Solana, the EuAsiaNews reported.
The meeting will also be attended by Swedish Foreign Secretary Frank Belfrage.
The Czech Republic currently holds the six-month rotating EU presidency. Sweden will take over the presidency from July 1.
- 2009 crucial for India to fight global challenges: EU - Jun 26, 2009
- India, EU to hold 10th summit Nov 6 - Jun 30, 2009
- EU foreign ministers condemn Suu Kyi 'show trial' (Lead) - May 18, 2009
- Sri Lanka situation risky and dangerous: EU official - Mar 17, 2009
- EU suggests 'bilateral track' to resolve India-Italy row - Mar 10, 2012
- PM arrives in Brussels for India-EU summit - Dec 09, 2010
- India, EU begin ninth summit - Sep 29, 2008
- EU, Russia sign pacts to develop border regions - Nov 19, 2009
- European Union expresses concern over Paks political chaos - Mar 14, 2009
- EU offers over $138 mn in aid to Pakistan - Jun 17, 2009
- India, EU to enhance clean energy, climate ties - Dec 10, 2010
- India, EU ink nuclear pact, to have trade treaty by 2010 - Nov 06, 2009
- EU to give Pakistan over 100 million euros in aid (Lead) - Jun 17, 2009
- EU split over upgraded Israel relationship - Apr 27, 2009
- Top EU official to visit India - Jan 15, 2012
Tags: benita ferrero waldner, brussels, cooperation, czech capital, czech republic, delegation, eu presidency, european union, foreign minister, foreign policy, free trade agreement, human rights, javier solana, july 1, krishna, maritime agreement, political dialogue, prague, terrorism, troika