EU signs visa waiver pacts with six countriesMay 29th, 2009 - 4:30 am ICT by IANS
Brussels, May 29 (Xinhua) The European Union (EU) Thursday signed visa waiver agreements with Antigua and Barbuda, the Bahamas, Barbados, Mauritius, Saint Kitts and Nevis and the Seychelles.
The agreement provides for visa-free travel (not exceeding three months during a six-month period) for citizens from the 27-member European block and the six Island nations.
To obtain the scheme, citizens must have valid passports. The provision applies to all purposes of travel, except to persons travelling to carry out a paid activity.
- EU cheers Europeans with visa-free travel to exotic beaches - Feb 13, 2009
- EU spends millions on office in Barbados - Jul 30, 2012
- EU approves visa-free travel for Albanians and Bosnians - Nov 08, 2010
- Earl becomes a major category three hurricane - Aug 30, 2010
- European Union concludes visa agreements with Georgia - Jan 19, 2011
- Continent-wise countries at the Delhi Commonwealth Games - Oct 03, 2010
- Queen Elizabeth II to address the U.N. General Assembly in July - Jan 23, 2010
- Africa has highest, Americas the least countries at CWG (Lead) - Oct 03, 2010
- Factfile on Commonwealth countries - Sep 02, 2010
- Queen Elizabeth II takes the train to Sandringham - Dec 21, 2009
- Schengen visa processor VFS expands operations - Apr 18, 2012
- Queen Elizabeth II takes the train - Dec 21, 2009
- Hurricane Earl threatens Caribbean - Aug 30, 2010
- Public Advisory Issued as Hurricane Earl Strengthens to Category 3 - Aug 30, 2010
- U.S. Secretary of State Clinton wishes Queen Elizabeth II a happy birthday - Jun 04, 2010
Tags: antigua and barbuda, bahamas, barbados, brussels, citizens, european union, kitts and nevis, mauritius, pacts, provision, saint kitts and nevis, seychelles, signs, three months, valid passports, visa free travel, visa waiver, xinhua