EU offers $28 mn aid to SyriaJune 9th, 2012 - 10:22 pm ICT by IANS
Brussels, June 9 (IANS/WAM) The European Union (EU) has announced a 23-million-euro (about $28 mn) humanitarian aid to Syria.
The European Commission, executive body of the EU, Friday adopted the measure to enable relief work in Syria.
The measure will be wide in scope and may include the delivery of basic health services, support to livelihoods and capacity building, the commission said in a statement.
- UAE aid vessel arrives in Karachi - Dec 14, 2010
- UAE emirate to upgrade oil storage capacity - Jun 29, 2012
- Dubai launches new education initiative - Jun 27, 2012
- Mass wedding is national tradition, says UAE minister - Jun 28, 2012
- UAE emirate launches Quran website - Aug 12, 2012
- More Emirates flights to Saudi Arabia - Jun 27, 2012
- Experts to discuss Middle East's rail projects - May 08, 2010
- UAE collects feedback ahead of n-plants construction - Jun 18, 2011
- UAE pledges $1 mn for Palestine refugees - Dec 08, 2010
- Abu Dhabi readies for European road show - Jul 07, 2011
- UAE provides drinking water to flood-hit Pakistanis - Oct 15, 2011
- UAE to create database on drug addicts - Jun 16, 2011
- UAE reopens embassy in Tripoli - Dec 06, 2011
- UAE to attend World Bank-IMF meeting - Sep 22, 2011
- UAE, IAEA sign cooperation agreement - Dec 06, 2011