EU extends anti-dumping duty against Chinese shoes to MacaoApril 30th, 2008 - 12:58 pm ICT by admin
Brussels, April 30 (Xinhua) The European Union (EU) has decided to extend its anti-dumping duty against Chinese leather shoes to Macao which it alleges was used by China’s shoemakers as a transit for re-exports to Europe. The measure, approved by EU governments in Luxembourg Tuesday, aims to prevent Chinese shoe exporters from evading a 16.5-percent anti-dumping duty, the EU said.
It accuses China’s leather shoes exporters of shipping goods via Macao and also assembling them in the special administrative region to dodge anti-dumping duty, a charge that has been firmly rejected by Chinese shoemakers such as the Aokang Group.
The EU imposed a two-year 16.5 percent anti-dumping duty on Chinese leather shoes in October 2006 after calls for protection of its own shoemakers, mostly in southern Europe.
China’s Ministry of Commerce has said the EU’s anti-dumping policy will contravene the lawful rights of Chinese shoemakers and will not enhance the competitiveness of their EU counterparts.
The extension of duty will take effect in the coming days, after details of the measure are published in the EU’s official journal.
- China to adjust anti-dumping duties on Indian antibiotics - Aug 16, 2012
- $8.25 billion exports by 2014 achievable: leather exporters - Jan 30, 2011
- Bangladesh footwear major eyes Indian, EU markets - Jun 30, 2010
- US files complaint over China car duties - Jul 06, 2012
- China to impose anti-dumping measures on US chicken imports - Feb 05, 2010
- India initiated most anti-dumping cases among WTO members - May 07, 2009
- 15 cases of dumping of Chinese products being probed - Mar 10, 2010
- As China dumps in India's solar market, domestic industry shrivels (Business Feature) - May 06, 2012
- Mexico's imports of Chinese-made shoes surge - Mar 16, 2012
- 'India's anti-dumping move violates WTO law' - Sep 16, 2010
- Vietnam sues US over anti-dumping tax - Apr 23, 2010
- China surpasses US as EU's top trade partner - Oct 16, 2011
- Centre extends trade defence measures to domestic industry - Dec 02, 2009
- Anti-dumping duty on Chinese Vitamin C extended - Jun 19, 2009
- EU gets letter from Iran for n-talks - Feb 16, 2012
Tags: administrative region, anti dumping duty, aokang group, brussels, china, chinese shoes, competitiveness, counterparts, dodge, european union, governments, lawful rights, leather shoes, luxembourg, ministry of commerce, shipping goods, shoemakers, southern europe, xinhua