‘EU ban to cause hefty economic loss to Europeans’January 31st, 2012 - 5:51 am ICT by IANS
Tehran, Jan 31 (IANS) The European Union (EU) ban on importing oil from Iran will be a “hefty economic loss” for the Europeans, the state-run Press TV quoted a senior Iranian minister as saying.
“Countries which voted for (oil) sanctions against Iran have been unaware of the impact that this measure will have on them and have been unable to understand hefty economic losses which they will suffer under these critical conditions,” Xinhua quoted Esmail Kowsari, a member of the Iranian (parliament) Majlis National Security and Foreign Policy Commission, as saying Monday.
Iranian lawmakers, said Kowsari, have prepared a bill to stop oil exports to the EU which is in final stages of approval. They will give a suitable response to the West’s hostile measures.
It will deal a heavy blow to hundreds of European refineries, he added.
Some Iranian lawmakers, in the last few days, have said that Iran’s Majlis (parliament) would discuss a bill over a ban on oil exports to the EU.
The Majlis Energy Commission, however, said Sunday that no bill had been drafted or brought to the legislature regarding that matter.
Iran’s Oil Minister Rostam Qasemi has also said that his country will soon stop oil exports to certain members of the EU.
The EU foreign ministers, last week, decided to embargo Iran’s oil and oil products which will come into effect from July 1, 2012.
- Iran to stop Europe oil exports - Feb 04, 2012
- 'Iran to stop oil exports to some EU members soon' - Jan 30, 2012
- Iran warns of oil price hike - Sep 03, 2012
- Iran may stop Europe oil exports - Jan 26, 2012
- Iran threatens legal action over oil embargo - Jul 05, 2012
- Iran seeks to halt EU oil exports - Jan 28, 2012
- We don't need to sell oil to Europe: Ahmadinejad - Jan 27, 2012
- Iran mulling oil refineries in Africa - Sep 03, 2012
- Egypt to continue transporting Iran oil - Jul 16, 2012
- Iran threatens to cut oil exports to more countries - Feb 21, 2012
- European parliament urges Russia, China to back Iran sanctions - Feb 03, 2012
- Iran denies Greece 500,000 barrels of oil - Feb 26, 2012
- Iran talks resume in Baghdad - May 24, 2012
- EU bans Iranian oil imports (Lead, Changing Dateline) - Jan 24, 2012
- Oil jumps on Iran tension - Jul 04, 2012
Tags: critical conditions, economic loss, economic losses, embargo iran, energy commission, europeans, foreign ministers, iranian minister, iranian parliament, lawmakers, members of the eu, oil exports, oil minister, oil products, oil sanctions, refineries, rostam, sanctions against iran, suitable response, xinhua