Etihad opens first all-woman contact centre in UAEMarch 16th, 2011 - 12:56 am ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, March 15 (IANS/WAM) The United Arab Emirates’ Etihad Airways Tuesday opened its new contact centre, to be exclusively managed and operated by UAE women, in Al Ain city.
Al Ain City is the second largest city in the Abu Dhabi Emirate and the fourth largest city in UAE.
The Al Ain Contact Centre, officially opened by Etihad Board Member and Executive Committee chairman Mubarak Hamad Al Muhairi, is staffed by more than 80 Emirati women trained by industry specialists as contact centre agents and contact centre team leaders.
Speaking on this occasion, Al Muhairi said the opening of Al Ain Contact Centre was another milestone for the UAE. It reflects the UAE’s vision for a highly skilled workforce comprising an increasing number of UAE nationals.
On this occasion, James Hogan, Etihad Airways’ CEO, said: “As the national airline of the UAE we are fully committed to growing our Emirati workforce, with respect for the culture and ambitions of the country and its people.
“We appreciate the different values and approach that Emirati women consider when entering the workforce, and the design of the centre aims to ensure its female-only structure and opportunities for flexible working hours allow women to develop their career, while creating a sustainable work, life and home balance.”
- Etihad launches flights to Iraq's Basra - Apr 16, 2012
- Etihad Airways to fly daily to Vietnam - Jul 22, 2012
- Etihad buying 12 Boeings for about $3 bn - Dec 13, 2011
- UAE, Egypt sign deal for heart surgery centre - Jul 31, 2012
- Etihad launches flights to Shanghai - Mar 03, 2012
- Etihad buys 29 percent stake in Air Berlin - Dec 19, 2011
- Etihad starts codeshare flights with Chinese carrier - Mar 02, 2012
- Etihad woos Australian travellers - Aug 05, 2011
- Etihad Airways starts service to Seychelles - Nov 07, 2011
- 457 illegal residents held in UAE - Aug 01, 2012
- Etihad launches special fares - Oct 04, 2011
- Etihad to open contact centre in Manchester - Mar 25, 2011
- Etihad, Alitalia to launch Rome-Abu Dhabi flights - Aug 25, 2012
- Etihad Airways launches recruitment drive in Oman - Apr 16, 2012
- UAE signs open skies pact with Djibouti - Feb 11, 2011
Tags: abu dhabi emirate, ain city, al ain, contact centre, emirati, etihad airways, executive committee chairman, flexible working hours, hamad, home balance, industry specialists, james hogan, mubarak, national airline, s vision, skilled workforce, sustainable work, uae nationals, uae women, united arab emirates