Etihad, Alitalia to launch Rome-Abu Dhabi flightsAugust 25th, 2012 - 12:47 am ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Aug 24 (IANS/WAM) Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, and Italian flag carrier Alitalia have announced direct Rome-Abu Dhabi flights from December.
Alitalia will operate four weekly flights using an Airbus A330 aircraft from Dec 1.
The flights, with seating capacity for 230 passengers, will ensure maximum connectivity over Etihad Airways’ Abu Dhabi hub.
Etihad Airways will provide travellers with direct access to the Italian capital from Abu Dhabi, building on the daily service it already operates to the northern Italian city of Milan.
Etihad Airways will also operate flights to the cities of Venice and Zurich (Switzerland).
The UAE flag carrier already connects from Rome to Milan, Frankfurt, Munich, Geneva and Athens on Alitalia-operated flights.
Alitalia will operate on Etihad Airways flights from Abu Dhabi to Bahrain, Muscat, Johannesburg, Bangkok, Melbourne and Sydney.
- Etihad Airways wins Airbus award - Jul 08, 2012
- Etihad starts codeshare flights with Chinese carrier - Mar 02, 2012
- Abu Dhabi airport to handle more flights in summer - May 02, 2011
- Etihad Airways to fly daily to Vietnam - Jul 22, 2012
- Etihad Airways buys stake in Virgin Australia - Jun 07, 2012
- Etihad appoints general manager for Brazil - Jun 12, 2012
- Etihad launches flights to Shanghai - Mar 03, 2012
- Etihad launches flights to Nairobi - Apr 03, 2012
- Etihad launches flights to Iraq's Basra - Apr 16, 2012
- Etihad unveils special A330-200 Manchester City livery - Jul 09, 2011
- Etihad marks a year of successful Iraq services - May 06, 2011
- Dusseldorf is Etihad's 71st destination - Jul 23, 2011
- Etihad Airways to serve fresh, organic food on flights - Mar 17, 2012
- Etihad signs $1 bn deal with aviation tech firm - Dec 21, 2011
- Etihad to run daily Brisbane-Abu Dhabi flights - Aug 16, 2012
Tags: abu dhabi, airbus a330, alitalia, city of milan, direct access, etihad airways, flag carrier, italian capital, italian flag, johannesburg, maximum connectivity, munich, muscat, national airline, northern italian city, travellers, vd, venice, wam, zurich switzerland