Etihad Airways to fly daily to VietnamJuly 22nd, 2012 - 11:50 pm ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, July 22 (IANS/WAM) Etihad Airways, the flag carrier of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) will launch daily flights to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam’s commercial capital and most populous city, in October 2013.
It will be Etihad Airways’ sixth destination within the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) region after Bangkok, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Manila and Singapore.
The UAE’s current investment in Vietnam stands at more than $3 billion and two-way trade is approximately $1.3 billion.
Flights between Abu Dhabi and Ho Chi Minh City will begin Oct 1, 2013, and will be served by a two-class A330-200 aircraft. The aircraft will have 22 business class and 240 economy class seats.
James Hogan, Etihad Airways’ president and CEO, said: “Like our home-base of Abu Dhabi, Ho Chi Minh City is a vibrant, culturally rich and expanding city popular with business and leisure travellers.”
- Etihad launches flights to Iraq's Basra - Apr 16, 2012
- Etihad launches flights to Nairobi - Apr 03, 2012
- Etihad unveils special A330-200 Manchester City livery - Jul 09, 2011
- Emirates launches flights to Vietnam - Jan 05, 2012
- Etihad, Alitalia to launch Rome-Abu Dhabi flights - Aug 25, 2012
- Air Seychelles announces flights to Abu Dhabi - Feb 03, 2012
- Etihad starts codeshare flights with Chinese carrier - Mar 02, 2012
- Etihad Airways to launch flights to Ahmedabad - May 29, 2012
- Etihad signs $1 bn deal with aviation tech firm - Dec 21, 2011
- Dusseldorf is Etihad's 71st destination - Jul 23, 2011
- Etihad launches flights to Shanghai - Mar 03, 2012
- Etihad Airways to fly to Brazil - Jun 04, 2012
- Etihad marks a year of successful Iraq services - May 06, 2011
- Etihad to run daily Brisbane-Abu Dhabi flights - Aug 16, 2012
- Etihad to increase flights to Riyadh - Sep 20, 2011
Tags: a330, abu dhabi, asean region, association of southeast asian nations, business class, chi minh city, economy class seats, etihad airways, flag carrier, ho chi minh, ho chi minh city, jakarta, james hogan, kuala lumpur, leisure travellers, populous city, southeast asian nations, united arab emirates, vm, wam