Escaped prisoner found hiding in jail after five days!June 12th, 2009 - 4:57 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 12 (ANI): A prisoner thought to have escaped from North London’s Holloway jail was found hiding inside the prison five days after she disappeared.
Aishatu Ishaku, on remand awaiting a fraud trial, had been hiding in the prison’s education block.
Warders discovered Ishaku was missing during a routine headcount and immediately locked all inmates in their cells.
The jail was repeatedly searched by officers with sniffer dogs and a police helicopter launched to check the area surrounding the prison.
When no trace of her was found, the prison authorities thought that she had escaped and warned police to be on the lookout for Ishaku.
But she surrendered because she had not eaten for five days.
“It’s been very embarrassing,” the Mirror quoted a jail source as saying.
A Prison Service spokesman added: “A prisoner believed to have escaped from Holloway was discovered in the jail on Wednesday.” (ANI)
- Prisoner killed in attack in Hyderabad jail - Jul 04, 2012
- Prisoner escapes from Jammu high security jail - Aug 22, 2012
- Woman hiding in male prison held at last - Nov 14, 2011
- 14 undertrials escape from Rajasthan jail - Dec 09, 2011
- Taliban attack Pakistani jail, nearly 400 escape - Apr 15, 2012
- At least 3 killed in southern Thailand prison riot - Sep 05, 2011
- No jail is impregnable: senior Kerala cop - Jun 15, 2010
- 15 Al-Qaeda prisoners escape from Yemeni jail - Dec 12, 2011
- Joran van der Sloot admits extortion of Holloway family - Sep 06, 2010
- Natalee Holloway's dad seeks answers from Aruba officials - Jun 15, 2010
- 70 rioting prisoners surrender - Jul 17, 2011
- Manhunt launched after 8 escape from Haryana jail - Jan 18, 2012
- Five accused of sex crimes slain in Venezuela prison - Jan 03, 2012
- Probe ordered against Punjab jail official - May 07, 2012
- Holloway's Dad Seeks Answers From Aruba Authorities - Jun 15, 2010
Tags: cells, education block, fraud trial, headcount, holloway jail, inmates, lookout, mirror, north london, police helicopter, prison authorities, prison service, remand, s education, sniffer dogs, spokesman