Envoys of Afghanistan and its neighbors to meet in ParisDecember 14th, 2008 - 5:51 pm ICT by ANI
Paris, Dec. 14 (ANI): Envoys from Afghanistan, its neighbours and the world’’s great powers are meeting here today to discuss ways to ease Afghanistans socio-economic crisis.
States around Afghanistan, especially Pakistan and Iran, are likely to be told to help in Kabul’’s attempt to regain control of the war ravaged and economically deprived land.
Indias Minister of State for External Affairs Anand Sharma, Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi, US Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asian Affairs, Richard Boucher and Iran’’s Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki will be some of the participants at the meeting.
Hosts France see the talks as a continuation of the process launched at a conference in Paris in June that saw countries promise 20 billion euros in aid for Afghanistan’’s reconstruction programme.
The envoys will hold a full day of closed-door talks at French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner’’s official out-of-town residence at La Celle-Saint-Cloud in the leafy western suburbs of Paris. (ANI)
- Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran join hands to prepare anti-terror framework - Jan 17, 2010
- Iranian foreign minister sacked - Dec 13, 2010
- 'Iran says 'no final decision taken on 'stoning to death' woman's execution' - Nov 04, 2010
- G15 meeting begins in Tehran - May 15, 2010
- Everyone knows Taliban leader Mullah Omar is in Pakistan: France - Sep 15, 2010
- Ahmadinejad shows whose boss by sacking Iran's foreign minister - Dec 14, 2010
- Iran doesn't need nuclear weapons: Pak FM - Oct 19, 2010
- Krishna arrives in Tehran on a four-day visit - May 16, 2010
- India a global leader, says Ahamadinejad - May 18, 2010
- NATO military presence foments Afghan violence: Iran - Jul 20, 2010
- Bullying powers no longer effective: Iran - Jun 26, 2010
- Iran claims proof of Pak based terror group carrying out attacks against it - Dec 16, 2009
- US steps in to 'save' Indo-Pak dialogue, Krishna-Qureshi may meet in Kabul - Jul 19, 2010
- India, US pitch for Afghan-led reconciliation process - Jan 20, 2012
- Iran to review ties with Britain: Foreign minister - Jan 18, 2010
Tags: asian affairs, assistant secretary, bernard kouchner, central asian, continuation, economic crisis, external affairs, french foreign minister, kabul, manouchehr mottaki, mehmood, minister of state, neighbours, paris in june, paris paris, qureshi, richard boucher, saint cloud, suburbs of paris, western suburbs