Engineer who owned Jamia Nagar house suspendedSeptember 21st, 2008 - 8:22 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Sep 21 (IANS) An engineer who owned the south Delhi house where Friday’s shootout between the police and suspected terrorists took place has been suspended - but on charges unrelated to the crime.Mohsin Nisar, who owns the fourth floor of the L 18 flat in Jamia Nagar, is an executive engineer with Public Works Department (PWD) of the Uttar Pradesh government. He was posted here.
Official sources in the PWD said he was suspended in the wake of the lapses allegedly found in some construction work he had supervised.
However, sources in Uttar Pradesh capital Lucknow said the government suspended the engineer on the day it was known that terrorists were hiding in his Delhi house.
Nisar had said he had no idea to whom his house had been rented out by his steno, Abdur Rehman.
“I had no idea about who was residing in my house. I had never met them,” the engineer had said.
Nisar presently lives in the district magistrate’s compound in the Raj Nagar area of Ghaziabad. His Jamia Nagar house has been sealed after the Friday shootout.
- Jamia shootout: Landlord had no clue about tenants - Sep 19, 2008
- Ghaziabad shootout latest twist in mounting extortion trade - Nov 22, 2011
- Chhattisgarh engineer owns assets over Rs.60 mn - Sep 22, 2011
- On Delhi's edge, BSP is king - Mar 06, 2012
- Parents of man who filed gangrape complaint scared for his safety - Feb 07, 2011
- Police sat on verification forms of terrorist tenants for a month - Sep 20, 2008
- Delhi Metro to reach Mohan Nagar in Ghaziabad - Jul 12, 2011
- Jamia honours Amartya Sen (With Image) - Dec 16, 2011
- Western Uttar Pradesh backs Mayawati - Nov 22, 2011
- 19 cops given life in staged shootout case after 20 years - Mar 29, 2012
- Bail denied to suspended cop in Dara Singh killing - Mar 02, 2012
- A coaching centre for the poor - inside a police station! - Mar 25, 2012
- Indian Mujahideen declared terrorist outfit, banned - Jun 04, 2010
- Two arrested for attack on gang leader in Ghaziabad - Nov 25, 2011
- Chidambaram rebuts Digvijay, says Batla House shootout genuine (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012