Endeavour astronauts complete third spacewalkMarch 18th, 2008 - 10:03 pm ICT by admin
Washington, March 18 (RIA Novosti) US space shuttle Endeavour astronauts have completed their third spacewalk, preparing a new robot designed for the maintenance of the International Space Station for activation, NASA said Tuesday. Mission specialists Rick Linnehan and Robert Behnken outfitted the Canadian-built Dextre robot with tools for its work. The two-armed robot, assembled during the previous two spacewalks, is the final element in the station’s Mobile Servicing System.
During their spacewalk, which lasted almost seven hours, the astronauts installed a spare parts platform and tool handling assembly for Dextre.
The current shuttle mission is intended to last for 16 days and to include five spacewalks, with the next one set for Thursday.
- NASA's space shuttle Endeavour ends final mission - Jun 01, 2011
- NASA's space shuttle Endeavour docks with International Space Station - May 19, 2011
- Space shuttle Endeavour returns to Earth after final mission - Jun 01, 2011
- NASA sets launch date for space shuttle Discovery mission - Feb 24 - Feb 19, 2011
- Shuttle Atlantis returns safely to end its last mission - May 26, 2010
- NASA's space shuttle Endeavour prepares to leave space station, return to Earth - May 29, 2011
- Shuttle Discovery heads to International Space Station on its final mission - Feb 25, 2011
- Astronauts use toothbrush to fix space station - Sep 06, 2012
- Atlantis takes off for final flight to space station - May 15, 2010
- NASA final shuttle launch scheduled for July 8 - May 21, 2011
- NASA sets space shuttle Endeavour's final launch for April 29 - Apr 20, 2011
- US shuttle Atlantis lifts off for final journey - May 15, 2010
- NASA's Space Shuttle Atlantis lifts off on final voyage - May 15, 2010
- President Obama to meet NASA's Endeavour crew - Apr 23, 2010
- Atlantis astronauts, in high spirits, work overtime - May 18, 2010
Tags: astronauts complete third spacewalk, dextre robot, element, endeavour astronauts, international space station, mission specialists, mobile servicing system, nasa, ria novosti, rick linnehan, seven hours, shuttle mission, space shuttle endeavour, spacewalks, spare parts, us space shuttle